NGC Submissions of 2018-S Proof Silver Eagles
Posted on 8/7/2018
The US Mint opens sales of the 2018-S Proof Silver Eagle on Aug. 14. Struck at San Francisco, the coin celebrates the 50th anniversary of the San Francisco Mint's production of US Mint proof coinage.
This is the second mint location to strike Proof Silver Eagles this year. The West Point Mint, which strikes most Proof Silver Eagles, previously released its version.
Note: The 2018-S Silver Eagles are expected to be available for sale at the ANA World’s Fair of Money in Philadelphia. Those purchased at the show are eligible for special designations and a special label. For instructions, click here.
For all submissions:
Coins received by NGC within the first 30 days of their release are eligible for NGC's popular Early Releases® and First Releases® designations. Learn more about Early Releases and First Releases here. For Early Releases / First Releases cutoff dates, click here. Scroll below to see detailed submission instructions.
- Submit the coin under the Modern grading tier or higher.
- If Early Releases or First Releases is desired (+$10), select Early Releases or First Releases on your submission form. Early Releases Label #378 and Blue First Releases Label #379 are the default labels for these designations.
- To qualify for Early Releases or First Releases, coins must be received by NGC or an NGC-approved Depository before the Early Releases/First Releases cutoff date.
- The Standard Brown label (shown below) is the default label for these coins.
- The San Francisco Cable Car Label #854 (shown below), which shows one of the city's iconic trolleys, can be added by writing San Francisco Cable Car Label #854, for an additional fee of $5:
- If you would like Mint packaging returned, select “Return Mint Packaging” in section 3 of the NGC Submission Form. The fee is $5 plus the cost of shipping.
- Please note that for Sarasota submissions, NGC’s First Day of Issue designation is available for qualifying bulk submissions only.
Questions? Contact NGC Customer Service at service@NGCcoin.com or 1-800-NGC-COIN (1-800-642-2646).
Elite NGC Collectors Society members and NGC Authorized Dealers who submit 100 or more 2018-S Proof Silver Eagles at the same time are eligible for discounted bulk submission rates. Contact Scott Heller at 941-360-3990 or SHeller@NGCcoin.com or Miles Standish at Miles@NGCcoin.com or 949-922-0515 for bulk submissions.
Collectors Society paid members can submit their coins directly to NGC. Not an NGC Collectors Society member? Paid memberships start at just $25/year. Join today.