NGC Special Label for American Liberty 225th Anniversary Silver Four-Medal Set
Posted on 10/16/2017
The US Mint has announced that the American Liberty 225th Anniversary Silver Four-Medal Set will go on sale October 19. The medals celebrate the 225th Anniversary of the US Mint, which was established by the Coinage Act of April 2, 1792.
The obverse of these medals features the allegorical figure of Liberty that appeared on both the gold $100 coin released by the US Mint in April, as well as the one ounce Proof silver medal released by the US Mint in June. The reverse depicts an American bald eagle in flight.
Each medal in the set will be struck by a different US Mint facility with a different finish: Philadelphia (Reverse Proof), San Francisco (Proof), West Point (Enhanced Uncirculated) and Denver (Uncirculated).
NGC will celebrate the American Liberty 225th Anniversary Silver Four-Medal Set by encapsulating them with its US Mint 225th Anniversary label for no additional fee. These coins will be attributed to the American Liberty Four-Medal Set on the NGC certification label.
Coins received by NGC within the first 30 days of their release are eligible for NGC's popular Early Releases® and First Releases® designations. Learn more about Early Releases and First Releases here. For Early Releases / First Releases cutoff dates, click here. Scroll below to see detailed submission instructions.
- Submit the American Liberty 225th Anniversary Silver Four-Medal Set under the Modern grading tier or higher. If Early Releases or First Releases is desired, select Early Releases or First Releases. There is an additional $10 fee for the Early Releases or First Releases designation verification and attribution. If you do not want the Early Releases or First Releases designations, the US Mint 225th Anniversary label will still be included by default for no additional fee with the Modern grading tier fee.
- To qualify for Early Releases or First Releases, coins must be received by NGC before the Early Releases/First Releases cutoff date.
- The default label will be NGC’s US Mint 225th Anniversary Label #768 (shown below):
- If you would prefer the Blue Early Releases label, request "Blue Early Releases #378" (shown below).
- If you would prefer the Blue First Releases label, request "Blue First Releases #379" (shown below).
- If you would prefer the NGC Standard Brown label, request "Standard Brown #377" (shown below).
- If you would like Mint packaging returned, select “Return Mint Packaging” in section 3 of the NGC Submission Form.
- Please note that NGC’s First Day of Issue designation is available for qualifying bulk submissions only.
Questions? Contact NGC Customer Service at service@NGCcoin.com or 1-800-NGC-COIN (1-800-642-2646).
Collectors Society paid members can submit their coins directly to NGC. Not an NGC Collectors Society member? Paid memberships start at just $39/year. Join today.
Related link Get the NGC Rhett Jeppson Silver Signature Label