Sale Features NGC-certified Rare Gold Coin Honoring Polish Statesman
Posted on 3/10/2022
A modern Polish gold coin certified by Numismatic Guaranty Company™ (NGC®) that commemorates statesman Marszalek Jozef Pilsudski is the star of an upcoming Polish auction. Online bidding is currently underway for Antykwariat Numizmatyczny Michal Niemczyk’s Auction 33E, which is being held March 19-22, 2022.
The sale features almost 300 NGC-graded modern, vintage and ancient coins, many of which are from Poland. The top lot is a Poland 1990Z Gold 1 Million Zlotych graded NGC PF 69 Ultra Cameo (lot 2698) that has a starting price of 180,000 PLN (about $41,600).
The obverse of the coin displays a portrait of Jozef Pilsudski, who became Chief of State when Poland regained its independence after World War I.
Other NGC-graded highlights in the sale include:
- a Poland 1548 Lithuania Ducat graded NGC UNC Details (lot 150) with a starting price of 170,000 PLN (about $39,300)
- a Poland 1932 5 Zlotych Winged Victory graded NGC MS 61 (lot 2092) with a starting price of 40,000 PLN (about $9,200)
- a Poland 1931 5 Zlotych graded NGC MS 65 (lot 2091) with a starting price of 35,000 PLN (about $8,100)
- a Poland 1925 5 Zlotych graded NGC AU Details (lot 2194) with a starting price of 30,000 PLN (about $6,900)
- a Poland 2011MW Gold 1,000 Zloytch Beatification of John Paul II graded NGC PF 70 Ultra Cameo (lot 2701) with a starting price of 28,000 PLN (about $6,500)
- a Poland 1632 Taler graded NGC AU 50 (lot 405) with a starting price of 12,000 PLN (about $2,800)
- an Attica, Athens c.440-404 BC Silver Tetradrachm graded NGC Ch AU, 5/5 Strike and 4/5 Surface (lot 4033) with a starting price of 5,000 PLN (about $1,200)
- a Poland 1979MW 100 Zlotych Environmental Protection Lynx graded NGC PF 64 Ultra Cameo (lot 2641) with a starting price of 3,000 PLN (about $700)
- a Byzantine Empire, Justin II AD 565-578 Gold Solidus graded NGC MS, 5/5 Strike and 4/5 Surface (lot 4082) with a starting price of 2,500 PLN (about $600)
- a China YR34 (1908) Silver Dollar graded NGC XF 45 (lot 5053) with a starting price of 1,500 PLN (about $350)
Estimates are provided by the auction house. The $ symbol represents US dollars.
Want news like this delivered to your inbox once a month? Subscribe to the free NGC eNewsletter today!