NGC-certified Italian Coin Realizes Over $250,000 in Nomisma Sale
Posted on 12/23/2021
A rare Italian coin certified by Numismatic Guaranty Company™ (NGC®) was the top lot in a sale presented by Nomisma SpA, a respected numismatics firm based in San Marino. Auction 64 concluded December 17-18, 2021.
The Italy 1925R Gold Prova Silver Jubilee 100 Lire graded NGC MS 62 (lot 1257) sold for €231,153 (about $259,800), including buyer's premium. These coins were struck to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the reign of King Victor Emmanuel III.
|1925R Gold Prova Silver Jubilee 100 Lire graded NGC MS 62. Realized: €231,153 (about $259,800)
Click images to enlarge.
Another top coin in the sale, an Italy 1901R 5 Lire (lot 1292), shows a much-younger Victor Emmanuel III. These were among the first coins issued in his name, as he had just succeeded his assassinated father in July 1900. Graded NGC MS 63, this coin realized €85,348 (about $95,900).
Other NGC-certified highlights in the sale included:
- an Italy 1880R 100 Lire graded NGC MS 60 (lot 1204) that realized €79,421 (about $89,300).
- an Italy 1902R Gold 20 Lire With Anchor graded NGC MS 62 PL (lot 1268) that realized €71,124 (about $79,900)
- an Italy 1860B 5 Lire graded NGC MS 66★ (lot 1156) that realized €64,011 (about $71,900)
- a Papal States 1870R XXIV Gold 50 Lire graded NGC MS 66 (lot 988) that realized €49,786 (about $55,900)
- an Italy 1713 DD AC Sicily 3 Tari graded NGC AU 53 (lot 1068) that realized €41,489 (about $46,600)
- an Italy 1821Eagle L Sardinia 20 Lire graded NGC MS 65 (lot 1090) that realized €36,154 (about $40,600)
- an Italy 1765 Tuscany 10 Paoli graded NGC MS 66 (lot 481) that realized €27,856 (about $31,300)
Prices realized include buyer's premium. All dollar amounts are US Dollars.
Want news like this delivered to your inbox once a month? Subscribe to the free NGC eNewsletter today!