Rare Brazilian Gold Coin Certified by NGC Featured in December Sale
Posted on 11/19/2021
Several spectacular Brazilian coins certified by Numismatic Guaranty Company™ (NGC®) are being offered in a sale by Matos, Esteves and Pacheco, a prestigious numismatic firm based in Portugal. Bids are now being accepted for the Legado II auction, which will be held on December 3, 2021.
One of the top highlights in the sale is an example of the first Brazilian gold coin created for the newly independent country. A Brazil 1822R 6,400 Reis celebrates the coronation of the country’s first emperor, Pedro I. Graded NGC AU Details (lot 184), this historic rarity has a starting price of €160,000 (about $181,300).
Other NGC-certified highlights include:
- a Brazil 1816R 6,400 Reis graded NGC AU 55 (lot 131), with a starting price of €20,000 (about $22,600)
- a Brazil 1724M 20,000 Reis graded NGC MS 62 and pedigreed to the Santa Cruz Collection (lot 48), with a starting price of €15,000 (about $17,000)
- a Brazil 1750B 6,400 Reis graded NGC MS 65+ (lot 59), with a starting price of €8,000 (about $9,000)
- a Brazil 1815R 6,400 Reis graded NGC MS 62 and pedigreed to the Santa Cruz Collection (lot 125), with a starting price of €8,000 (about $9,000)
- a Brazil 1725M 20,000 Reis graded NGC MS 60 (lot 49), with a starting price of €7,500 (about $8,500)
- a Brazil 1786R 6,400 Reis graded NGC MS 61 and pedigreed to the RLM Collection (lot 99), with a starting price of €7,500 (about $8,500)
- a Brazil 1727M 20,000 Reis graded NGC AU 58 (lot 51), with a starting price of €7,000 (about $7,930)
All starting prices are provided by the auction house. Dollar amounts are US Dollars.
Want news like this delivered to your inbox once a month? Subscribe to the free NGC eNewsletter today!