November Auction Features Rare Swiss Coins Graded by NGC
Posted on 11/2/2021
A rare coin from Switzerland certified by Numismatic Guaranty Company™ (NGC®) is among the highlights of Münzenonline Auction 15. Bidding is already underway for the sale, being held on November 26, 2021.
The Switzerland 1796 Bern 6 Ducat graded NGC MS 62 PL (Lot 278) has a starting price of CHF 48,000 (about $52,500 USD). Its obverse shows the legend RESPUBLICA BERNENSIS surrounding a crowned coat of arms. The bear has been used in the heraldry of Bern since the Middle Ages, though it is unclear whether its name derives from the animal.
Other NGC-certified coins in the sale include:
- a Switzerland 1857B 2 Francs graded NGC SP 62 (Lot 387) with a starting price of CHF 31,000 (about $33,900 USD)
- a Switzerland 1900B 5 Francs graded NGC MS 67 PL (Lot 418) with a starting price of CHF 5,000 (about $5,500 USD)
- a Switzerland 1800B Helvetian Republic 16 Francs graded NGC AU 58 (Lot 369) with a starting price of CHF 3,000 (about $3,300 USD)
- a Germany 1913A Prussia 20 Marks graded NGC PF 63 Cameo (lot 71) with a starting price of CHF 1,500 (about $1,600 USD)
- a France 1824 Essai 5 Francs graded NGC PF 63 (lot 90) with a starting price of CHF 1,500 (about $1,600 USD)
- A Gambia 1987 Gold 1,000 Dalasis graded NGC PF 69 Ultra Cameo (lot 111) with a starting price of CHF 980 (about $1,100 USD)
All starting prices are provided by the auction house.
Want news like this delivered to your inbox once a month? Subscribe to the free NGC eNewsletter today!