High-grade 1873-CC Dime Certified by NGC Featured in Heritage Auction
Posted on 10/22/2021
An extremely rare dime that is certified by Numismatic Guaranty Company™ (NGC®) is at center stage in Heritage Auctions’ US Coins Signature Auction #1336, which features more than 600 NGC-certified rarities representing 200 years of US history. Online bidding has already begun for the sale, which takes place November 11, 2021.
A key date in the series, only 18,791 1873-CC Arrows Seated Liberty Dimes were minted for circulation. Of those, only two are currently known in Mint State condition, including the one in this sale: an example graded NGC MS 65 (lot 3532). The arrows surrounding the date indicate a slight increase in weight of the dime to comply with new legislation calling for metric weights for the nation’s coinage.
Other NGC-certified rarities in the auction include:
- an 1855/854 Arrows Half Dollar graded NGC PF 65 Cameo (lot 3574)
- an 1873-CC Seated Liberty Dollar graded NGC MS 61 and pedigreed to the Eliasberg Collection (lot 3593)
- an 1855-O Gold Dollar graded NGC MS 65+ (lot 3637)
- a 1799 $10 graded NGC MS 64 (lot 3674)
- an 1862-S $10 graded NGC MS 60 (lot 3676)
- an 1875-CC $10 graded NGC MS 60 (lot 3681)
- an 1873-CC $10 graded NGC AU 55 (lot 3680)
- an 1872-CC $20 graded NGC MS 61 (lot 3700)
- a 1907 High Relief $20 graded NGC PF 66 (lot 3719)
- a 1915-S Panama-Pacific Octagonal $50 graded NGC MS 62+ (lot 3739)
- a 1915-S Panama-Pacific Round $50 graded NGC MS 64+ (lot 3738)
Want news like this delivered to your inbox once a month? Subscribe to the free NGC eNewsletter today!