Spectacular NGC-certified Iranian Gold Coin Offered in September Sale
Posted on 9/22/2021
A very rare Iranian gold coin certified by Numismatic Guaranty Company™ (NGC®) is being showcased in the September 28-29, 2021 Auction presented by Ira and Larry Goldberg Auctioneers. Online bidding is already underway for this and other rarities in the sale.
Leading the group of Iranian coins is an Iran AH1251 (1835) Gold 5 Mithqal graded NGC XF 40 (lot 1504), which celebrates the one-year anniversary of Muhammad Shah Qajar. The Qajar Dynasty lasted from 1789 to 1925.
The obverse’s center is struck with a declaration that says: “I have performed the Hajj for Allah,” which fulfills one of Islam’s five tenants. This historic rarity is the only example in the NGC Census and has an estimate of $20,000.
Other NGC-certified Iranian coins in the sale include:
- an Iran AH1281 (1864) 2 Tomans graded NGC MS 63 (lot 1505) with an estimate of $3,000 to $4,000
- an Iran SH1310 (1931) Pahlavi graded NGC AU 58 (lot 1519) with an estimate of $3,000 to $4,000
- an Iran MS2537 (1978) 5 Pahlavi graded NGC MS 65 (lot 1553) with an estimate of $2,000 to $2,200
- an Iran SH1315 (1936) Half Pahlavi graded NGC MS 62 (lot 1521) with an estimate of $1,200 to $1,400
- an Iran SH1307 (1928) Pahlavi graded NGC MS 62 (lot 1516) with an estimate of $800 to $1,000
- an Iran SH1315 (1936) Half Pahlavi graded NGC MS 63 (lot 1522) with an estimate of $750 to $1,000
All estimates are provided by the auction house.
Want news like this delivered to your inbox once a month? Subscribe to the free NGC eNewsletter today!