NGC-certified Chinese Rarity Featured in Monetarium Sale
Posted on 7/27/2021
More than 200 coins certified by Numismatic Guaranty Corporation® (NGC®) are being offered in Monetarium Auction 29, being held August 6-9, 2021. Online bidding is already underway for the sale, which includes numismatic rarities from around the world, with a focus on Southeast Asia.
The top coin in the auction is a China 1904 Hupeh Small Characters Tael (L&M-180) graded NGC XF Details (lot 791). The rarity of this coin from the central Chinese province of Hupeh (also known as Hubei) is reflected in its estimate of SG$30,000 to SG$36,000 (about $22,100 to $26,500 USD).
Other NGC-certified highlights in the auction include:
- a Straits Settlements 1876H 5 Cents graded NGC MS 62 (lot 895) with an estimate of SG$28,000 to SG$34,000 (about $20,600 to $25,000 USD)
- a Straits Settlements 1905B 50 Cents graded NGC MS 62+ (lot 890) with an estimate of SG$18,000 to SG$22,000 (about $13,200 to $16,200 USD)
- a Straits Settlements 1920 Silver Dollar graded NGC Mint Error AU 55 that was struck 10% off-center (lot 888) with an estimate of SG$16,000 to SG$20,000 (about $11,800 to $14,700 USD)
- a Malaysia 1976 Gold 500 Ringgits graded NGC MS 67 (lot 745) with an estimate of SG$6,000 to SG$7,500 (about $4,400 to $5,500 USD)
- a China 1992 Year of the Monkey 12-ounce Silver 100 Yuan graded NGC PF 68 Ultra Cameo (lot 850) with an estimate of SG$6,000 to SG$7,500 (about $4,400 to $5,500 USD)
- a China 1989 Year of the Snake Gold 100 Yuan graded NGC PF 69 Ultra Cameo (lot 849) with an estimate of SG$4,600 to SG$6,000 (about $3,400 to $4,400 USD)
- a British North Borneo 1920H 2.5 Cents graded NGC MS 66 (lot 761) with an estimate of SG$3,600 to SG$4,400 (about $2,600 to $3,200 USD)
- a Peru 1770LM JM No Dots 8 Reales graded NGC XF 40 (lot 881) with an estimate of SG$3,400 to SG$4,200 (about $2,500 to $3,100 USD)
- a British North Borneo 1884H Cent graded NGC SP 66 RB (lot 762) with an estimate of SG$3,300 to SG$4,000 (about $2,400 to $2,900 USD)
All estimates are provided by the auction house.
Want news like this delivered to your inbox once a month? Subscribe to the free NGC eNewsletter today!