Rare Quarter Certified by NGC Among Heritage Highlights
Posted on 2/9/2021
A high-grade vintage quarter with beautiful toning is among the rare coins certified by Numismatic Guaranty Corporation® (NGC®) being offered in a Heritage Auctions sale. Bidding is already underway in the US Coins Signature Auction, which has been re-scheduled for February 23-26, 2021, due to severe weather in Heritage's home state.
The sale is distinguished by selections from the NGC-certified Paramount Collection, including a 1907 Extremely High Relief, Lettered Edge $20 and an 1880 Coiled Hair Stella. Bidding for each of these ultra-rarities had already exceeded $1 million more than two weeks before the auction. To learn more, click here.
The sale also features other NGC-certified rarities that are not part of the Paramount Collection. These include an 1815 Quarter graded NGC MS 67+★ and pedigreed to the Newman and Green collections. It is the finest certified by NGC and also earned NGC's trademarked Star Designation for its exceptional eye appeal. It sold for well into the six figures when it was offered by Heritage in 2013.
|1815 Quarter graded NGC MS 67+★ and pedigreed to the Newman and Green collectionsClick images to enlarge.|
Other NGC-certified highlights in the sale include:
- a 1918/7-D Buffalo Nickel graded NGC MS 64
- an 1896-S Quarter graded NGC MS 65★
- an 1893-S Morgan Dollar graded NGC AU 58
- an 1834 Plain 4 Capped $5 graded NGC MS 61
- an 1864 $5 graded NGC PF 64 Ultra Cameo
- an 1801 $10 graded NGC MS 63
- an 1861-O $20 graded NGC AU 53
- a 1904 $20 graded NGC MS 66+
- a 1907 High Relief Wire Rim $20 graded NGC MS 65 and pedigreed to the Simpson Collection
- a 1995-W Silver Eagle graded NGC PF 70 Ultra Cameo
- a 2020-W 'V75' $50 Gold Eagle graded NGC PF 70 Ultra Cameo
Want news like this delivered to your inbox once a month? Subscribe to the free NGC eNewsletter today!