NGC-certified Great Britain Gold Coin Realizes $114,000
Posted on 1/23/2020
A gold 271-year-old English coin certified by Numismatic Guaranty Corporation® (NGC®) realized $114,000 at an auction presented January 19, 2020, in New York City by Spink.
The England 1748 Gold 5 Guineas graded NGC MS 63+ has a depiction of George II on the obverse and a crowned coat of arms on the reverse. Its pre-sale estimate was $50,000 to $60,000.
|This England 1748 Gold 5 Guineas graded NGC MS 63+ realized $114,000.
Click image to enlarge.
Among the more significant NGC-certified coins sold were:
- A Japan 1870 Gold 20 Yen graded NGC MS 64that realized $48,000.
- A British North America 1757 Silver Quaker, Duffield or Treaty of Easton Medal graded NGC Fine Details that realized $31,200.
- An Imperial China Chihli Province 1907 Dollar graded NGC MS 61 that realized $7,200.
- A German New Guinea 1894 Silver 5 Mark graded NGC MS 64+that realized $5,700.
- A China Szechuan-Tibet Fantasy Silver Dollar graded NGC MS 63 that realized $4,800.
- A China Republic Yunnan Province Undated (1943-1944) Tael, graded NGC MS 63, with inscriptions in Chinese and Burmese to be used in French Indo-China, that realized $4,500.
All prices realized include a 20% buyers’ premium and are stated in US Dollars.
Want news like this delivered to your inbox once a month? Subscribe to the free NGC eNewsletter today!