NGC-certified Continental Dollar Realizes $180,000 at Heritage Auction
Posted on 10/18/2019
A rare coin from the founding of the United States and certified by Numismatic Guaranty Corporation® (NGC®) realized $180,000 in an October 17, 2019, sale presented by Heritage Auctions.
The pewter coin, graded NGC MS 65, is a Continental Dollar, which all are dated 1776, when the Continental Congress declared the independence of the 13 Colonies.
Other NGC-certified coins that topped the US Coins Signature Auction in Dallas include:
- A 1915-S Panama-Pacific Round $50 commemorative graded NGC MS 64. Realized: $96,000.
- A 1915-S Panama-Pacific Octagonal $50 commemorative graded NGC MS 63. Realized: $81,000.
- An 1810 Large Date Half Eagle graded NGC MS 65. Realized: $69,000.
- An 1879-CC Double Eagle graded NGC MS 60. Realized: $43,200.
- A 1951 Franklin Half Dollar graded NGC PF 67+ Ultra Cameo. Realized: $40,800.
- A 1926-D Indian Head Nickel graded NGC MS 67. Realized: $38,400.
- A 1969-S Cent with a doubled-die obverse and graded NGC MS 63 BN. Realized: $37,200.
Prices realized include buyer’s premium.