Special NGC Label and Designation for Apollo 11 Anniversary Week
Posted on 6/11/2019
Numismatic Guaranty Corporation® (NGC®) is offering a special label and designation exclusively for 2019 Apollo 11-themed coins received during the anniversary of the historic moon mission. On July 16, 1969, the Apollo 11 mission launched from Florida, landed astronauts on the moon on July 20 and returned them safely to Earth on July 24.
2019 US and world Apollo 11-themed coins submitted to NGC’s Florida headquarters between July 16 and July 24, 2019, are eligible for a special designation of Moon Mission Releases as well as a special label with an iconic depiction of an astronaut and an American flag on the lunar surface. Coins with the Moon Mission Releases designation will be listed separately in the NGC Census. The exclusive designation and label are available for an additional fee of $5 per coin. Scroll below to see detailed submission instructions.
|Click images to enlarge.|
The frantic Space Race of the 1960s ended with the Apollo 11 mission, which saw astronaut Neil Armstrong leave mankind's first bootprints on the moon. The US Mint has struck 50th anniversary coins to celebrate this triumph of technology and humanity with a bootprint on the concave obverse, while the convex reverse shows a view of the moon from an astronaut’s helmet. To see historic video clips and further explore the achievement celebrated by these coins, click here.
The US Mint's coins include Clad Half Dollar, Silver Dollar and $5 Gold commemoratives in Uncirculated and Proof strikes, as well as a Five-Ounce Silver Proof coin.
- Submit qualifying coins under the Modern grading tier or higher.
- To request the special Moon Mission Releases designation and label, you must write Moon Mission Releases on your submission form.
- Submissions may arrive before July 16, 2019, but submissions must arrive by July 24, 2019. Submissions received after July 24, 2019, will not be eligible for the Moon Mission Releases designation or label.
- First Day of Issue, First Releases and Early Releases designations are not available in conjunction with the Moon Mission Releases designation.
- Coins already in NGC holders can be submitted through NGC's ReHolder service ($10, plus $5 for the special designation and label). Please note that the Moon Mission Releases designation will replace a previous designation, such as First Day of Issue, First Releases or Early Releases.
The following designation is available for coins that qualify for Moon Mission Releases:
|Moon Mission Releases||$5||On the US submission form, write Moon Mission Releases|
The following labels are available for coins that qualify for Moon Mission Releases:
|Moon Mission Releases Label #1237 (or #1242 Oversize)||Included with $5 fee for Moon Mission Releases designation||Default label for Moon Mission Releases designation|
|ASF Label #1128 (or #1140 Oversize)||Included with $5 fee for Moon Mission Releases designation||By request (Enter ASF Label #1128 or ASF Label #1140 for Oversize on your submission form.)|
Questions? Contact NGC Customer Service at service@NGCcoin.com or 1-800-NGC-COIN (1-800-642-2646).
NGC Collectors Society paid members can submit their coins directly to NGC. Not an NGC Collectors Society member? Paid memberships start at just $25/year. Join today.