NGC Highlights in Auction World Sale in January
Posted on 1/11/2019
Auction World, a leading auction site in Japan, is proud to present its 15th Auction January 19-21, which includes NGC-certified rarities. Among them are a pair of English coins, each more than 300 years old, that have attracted bids of at least 5,000,000 Yen ($46,000 USD).
An England 1694 William and Mary Five Guineas dating from the brief time William III and his wife Mary II ruled England together from 1689 to 1694. Their busts and names are found on the obverse of the coin, graded NGC MS 61. More than a week before the auction, bidding was up to 5,850,000 Yen, up from a starting price of 4,500,000 Yen.
Other highlights of the auction include:
- Lot 3563 - A Great Britain 1711 Queen Anne Five Guineas, graded NGC MS 61, with a starting price of 5,000,000 Yen.
- Lot 1177 - A China 1994 12 ounce Gold 1,000 Yuan Panda, graded NGC PF 69 Ultra Cameo, with a starting price of 4,000,000 Yen.
- Lot 1171 - A China 1992 12 ounce Gold 1,000 Yuan Panda, graded NGC PF 69 Ultra Cameo, with a starting price of 3,000,000 Yen.
- Lot 1111 - A French Indochina 1943-44 Tael, graded NGC MS 61, with a starting price of 400,000 Yen.
- Lot 1245 - An India 1841 Mohur, graded NGC MS 62, with a starting price of 300,000 Yen.
All estimates are provided by the auction house.