NGC Special Label for 2018-S Limited Edition Silver Proof Set
Posted on 10/9/2018
The US Mint released a limited-edition eight-coin silver proof set on October 18. The 2018-dated set includes one Roosevelt Dime, five different America the Beautiful Quarters, one Kennedy Half Dollar and one Silver Eagle $1 coin. Each coin features an "S" mintmark signifying that they were struck at the San Francisco Mint.
Only 50,000 Limited Edition Silver Proof Sets will be sold.
NGC is celebrating the 2018-S Limited Edition Silver Proof Set coins by encapsulating them with its special San Francisco Cable Car label. Coins from this set also receive the LIMITED EDITION SET pedigree, which will be listed separately in the NGC Census.
Coins received by NGC within the first 30 days of their release are eligible for NGC's popular Early Releases® and First Releases® designations. Learn more about Early Releases and First Releases here. For Early Releases / First Releases cutoff dates, click here. Scroll below to see detailed submission instructions.
- The 2018-S Limited Edition Sets must be received in the sealed US Mint shipping box to receive the LIMITED EDITION SET pedigree. There is an additional $5 fee for the LIMITED EDITION SET pedigree verification and attribution. All coins must be graded. You cannot choose individual coins to be graded.
- Submit the 2018-S Limited Edition Silver Proof Set coins under the Modern grading tier or higher. If Early Releases or First Releases is desired, select Early Releases or First Releases. There is an additional $10 fee for the Early Releases or First Releases designation verification and attribution.
- To qualify for Early Releases or First Releases, coins must be received by NGC before the Early Releases/First Releases cutoff date.
- The default label is NGC’s San Francisco Cable Car Label #854 (shown below), which is available for no additional fee.
- If you would prefer the Blue Early Releases label, request "Blue Early Releases #378" (shown below).
- If you would prefer the Blue First Releases label, request "Blue First Releases #379" (shown below).
- If you would prefer the NGC Standard Brown label, request "Standard Brown #377" (shown below).
- If you would like Mint packaging returned, select “Return Mint Packaging” in section 3 of the NGC Submission Form. There is a fee of $5 per form plus the cost of shipping.
- Please note that NGC’s First Day of Issue designation is available for qualifying bulk submissions only.
Questions? Contact NGC Customer Service at service@NGCcoin.com or 1-800-NGC-COIN (1-800-642-2646).
Collectors Society paid members can submit their coins directly to NGC. Not an NGC Collectors Society member? Paid memberships start at just $25/year. Join today.