NGC Special Label for San Francisco Silver Reverse Proof Set
Posted on 7/23/2018
The US Mint opened sales of the 2018 San Francisco Silver Reverse Proof Sets on July 23.
The sets celebrate the 50th anniversary of the San Francisco Mint's production of US Mint proof coinage. Only 200,000 of these sets will be offered.
Struck at the San Francisco Mint, the set includes a reverse proof version of every coin the US Mint is releasing for general circulation in 2018: a cent, nickel, dime, five America the Beautiful quarters, half dollar and dollar. The dime, quarters and half dollar are struck in 90 percent silver.
NGC will recognize coins from this set with a special Silver Reverse Proof Set pedigree on the NGC certification label. Coins with this pedigree will be listed separately in the NGC Census.
The NGC San Francisco Cable Car Label, which shows one of the city's iconic trolleys, will be the default label for these coins for no additional fee.
Coins received by NGC within the first 30 days of their release are eligible for NGC's popular Early Releases® and First Releases® designations. Learn more about Early Releases and First Releases here. For Early Releases / First Releases cutoff dates, click here. Scroll below to see detailed submission instructions.
- Submit the 2018 San Francisco Silver Reverse Proof Set coins in their sealed Mint shipping carton under the Modern grading tier or higher.
- The San Francisco Cable Car Label #854 (shown below) will be included by default for no additional fee:
- If Early Releases or First Releases is desired (+$10), select Early Releases or First Releases. The default label is the San Francisco Cable Car Label #854. If you want the Early Releases or First Releases label (shown below), write Blue Early Releases Label #378 or Blue First Releases Label #379 on your submission form:
- To qualify for Early Releases or First Releases, coins must be received by NGC or an NGC-approved Depository before the Early Releases/First Releases cutoff date.
- If you do not want an Early Releases or First Releases designation, and do not want the San Francisco Cable Car Label, you may request the Standard Brown label (shown below), for no additional charge, by writing NGC Standard Brown Label #377 on the submission form. If no label is requested, you will receive the San Francisco Cable Car Label.
- If you would like Mint packaging returned, select “Return Mint Packaging” in section 3 of the NGC Submission Form. The fee is $5 plus the cost of shipping.
- Please note that all coins submitted will be graded. (You cannot request that only certain denominations be graded.)
- Please note that NGC’s First Day of Issue designation is available for qualifying bulk submissions only.
Questions? Contact NGC Customer Service at service@NGCcoin.com or 1-800-NGC-COIN (1-800-642-2646).
Elite NGC Collectors Society members and NGC Authorized Dealers who submit 10 or more sets at the same time are eligible for discounted bulk submission rates. Contact Scott Heller at 941-360-3990 or SHeller@NGCcoin.com or Miles Standish at Miles@NGCcoin.com or 949-922-0515 for bulk submissions.
Collectors Society paid members can submit their coins directly to NGC. Not an NGC Collectors Society member? Paid memberships start at just $25/year. Join today.