NGC Label Options for 2018-W Proof Platinum American Eagle
Posted on 1/23/2018
The US Mint has announced that the first Proof Platinum American Eagle in its new Preamble to the Declaration of Independence series will go on sale January 25, 2018.
The coins celebrate the principles of the famous 1776 document in which the Founding Fathers announced the Thirteen Colonies' break with England, stating that: “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.” The themes of the 2018, 2019 and 2020 coins will be Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness, respectively.
The obverse of the 2018 coin features the allegorical figure of Liberty in a scene representative of Life, which replaces the Statue of Liberty design by John Mercanti that has been on the obverse since the coin was introduced in 1997. The reverse also has a new design: a bold American eagle sculpted by Don Everhart. The coins, struck at the West Point mint, have a face value of $100 and contain 1 ounce of .9995 fine platinum. The mint has limited this product to 20,000 coins, and has announced an order limit of one per household.
Coins received by NGC within the first 30 days of their release are eligible for NGC's popular Early Releases® and First Releases® designations. Learn more about Early Releases and First Releases here. For Early Releases / First Releases cutoff dates, click here. Scroll below to see detailed submission instructions.
- Submit the 2018-W Proof Platinum American Eagle under the Modern grading tier or higher. If Early Releases or First Releases is desired, select Early Releases or First Releases. There is an additional $10 fee for the Early Releases or First Releases designation verification and attribution. If you do not want the Early Releases or First Releases designations, the NGC Standard Brown Label will be the default label.
- To qualify for Early Releases or First Releases, coins must be received by NGC before the Early Releases/First Releases cutoff date.
- The default label will be NGC’s Standard Brown Label #377 (shown below):
- If you would prefer the Blue Early Releases label, request "Blue Early Releases #378" (shown below).
- If you would prefer the Blue First Releases label, request "Blue First Releases #379" (shown below).
- Bulk submitters may select the Platinum Eagle label, by requesting the "Platinum Eagle #538" (shown below).
- If you would like Mint packaging returned, select “Return Mint Packaging” in section 3 of the NGC Submission Form. There is a $5 fee per form, plus shipping.
- Please note that NGC’s First Day of Issue designation is available for qualifying bulk submissions only.
Questions? Contact NGC Customer Service at service@NGCcoin.com or 1-800-NGC-COIN (1-800-642-2646).
Collectors Society paid members can submit their coins directly to NGC. Not an NGC Collectors Society member? Paid memberships start at just $25/year. Join today.