NGC Vintage and Modern US Coin Highlights in the Stack’s Bowers ANA Auctions
Posted on 8/14/2017
The Stack's Bowers August 2017 ANA - Session 4 - Rarities Night auction, held Aug. 3, 2017, featured a number of exceptional results for NGC-certified coins.
Among them was a 1982-D Small Date Bronze cent, which had been submitted to NGC by a Minnesota collector examining a hoard of cents from circulation. The coin was graded NGC AU 58 BN and certified as a “Discovery Coin” for a mint error that occurred amid the United States’ transition from bronze to bronze-plated zinc cents. Read more about the coin here. This coin (lot 2031) realized $18,800 at auction.
Below is a list of other auction highlights:
- Lot 2001 - (C. 1784) Ephraim Brasher and John Burger Regulated Chilean 1756/5 Santiago Mint 8 Escudos ($15). 26.358 grams. Clipped, Countermarked EB and JB, graded NGC AU 53. Realized: $141,000
- Lot 2002 - (C. 1784) Ephraim Brasher Regulated Mexican 1774 Mexico City Mint 8 Escudos ($15). 26.37 grams. Clipped, Countermarked EB, graded NGC AU 55. Realized: $117,500
- Lot 2003 - (Before 1777) Joseph Richardson, Sr. Regulated Mexican 1775 Mexico City Mint 8 Escudos ($15). 26.344 grams. Circumferentially Adjusted, Countermarked IR, graded NGC AU 55 Realized: $117,500
- Lot 2004 - 1792 Cent. Without Silver Center. Judd-2, Pollock-2. Rarity-7-. Copper. Reeded Edge, graded NGC F 15 BN. Realized: $235,000
- Lot 2111 - 1950 Franklin Half Dollar, graded NGC PF 68. Realized: $23,500
- Lot 2189 - 1860 Liberty Head Half Eagle, graded NGC PF 65 Cameo. Realized: $94,000
- Lot 2202 - 1862 Liberty Head Eagle, graded NGC PF 64 Cameo. Realized: $94,000
For more information about this auction, visit StacksBowers.com.
Want news like this delivered to your inbox once a month? Subscribe to the free NGC eNewsletter today!