NGC Special Label for American Eagle 20th Anniversary Platinum Proof Coin
Posted on 7/5/2017
The US Mint has announced that the American Eagle 20th Anniversary Platinum Proof coin will go on sale July 6. The coin celebrates the 20th anniversary of the American Platinum Eagle, the first platinum coin ever struck by the US Mint.
The obverse and reverse of the coin feature a "throwback" to the design first introduced in 1997. The obverse features the Statue of Liberty as designed by John Mercanti, while the reverse depicts Thomas D. Rogers’ design of an American bald eagle in flight.
NGC will celebrate the American Eagle 20th Anniversary Platinum Proof coin by encapsulating them with its stunning Platinum Eagle 20th Anniversary label for no additional fee. IMPORTANT NOTE: The Platinum Eagle 20th Anniversary label will not be available until July 20. If you would like your coins back prior to July 20, request either Blue Early Releases (#378), Blue First Releases (#379) or NGC Standard Brown (#377).
Coins received by NGC within the first 30 days of their release are eligible for NGC's popular Early Releases® and First Releases® designations. Learn more about Early Releases and First Releases here. For Early Releases / First Releases cutoff dates, click here. Scroll below to see detailed submission instructions.
- Submit the American Eagle 20th Anniversary Platinum Proof coins under the Modern grading tier or higher. If Early Releases or First Releases is desired, select Early Releases or First Releases. If you do not want the Early Releases or First Releases designations, the Platinum Eagle 20th Anniversary label will still be included by default for no additional fee with the Modern grading tier fee.
- You must request the Eagle 20th Anniversary pedigree if you would like it printed on the label.
- To qualify for Early Releases or First Releases, coins must be received by NGC before the Early Releases/First Releases cutoff date.
- The default label will be NGC’s Platinum Eagle 20th Anniversary Label #914 (shown below):
- If you would like Mint packaging returned, select “Return Mint Packaging” in section 3 of the NGC Submission Form.
- Please note that NGC’s First Day of Issue designation is available for qualifying bulk submissions only.
Questions? Contact NGC Customer Service at service@NGCcoin.com or 1-800-NGC-COIN (1-800-642-2646).
Collectors Society paid members can submit their coins directly to NGC. Not an NGC Collectors Society member? Paid memberships start at just $39/year. Join today.