NGC Special Label for 1792-2017-P American Liberty Proof Silver Medal
Posted on 5/23/2017
The US Mint has announced that the 1792-2017-P American Liberty US Mint 225th Anniversary One Ounce Proof Silver Medal will go on sale June 14. The medal celebrates the 225th Anniversary of the US Mint, which was established by the Coinage Act of April 2, 1792.
The obverse of this medal features the allegorical figure of Liberty that appeared on the gold $100 coin released by the US Mint in April. The reverse depicts an American bald eagle in flight. The medal will be struck at the Philadelphia Mint in Proof. A four-piece US Mint 225th Anniversary silver medal set will be released later this year.
NGC will celebrate the 1792-2017 US Mint 225th Anniversary American Liberty silver medals by encapsulating them with its stunning American Flag Liberty label for no additional fee.
Coins received by NGC within the first 30 days of their release are eligible for NGC's popular Early Releases® and First Releases® designations. Learn more about Early Releases and First Releases here. For Early Releases / First Releases cutoff dates, click here. Scroll below to see detailed submission instructions.
- Submit the US Mint 225th Anniversary coins under the Modern grading tier or higher. If Early Releases or First Releases is desired, select Early Releases or First Releases. If you do not want the Early Releases or First Releases designations, the American Flag Liberty label will still be included by default for no additional fee with the Modern grading tier fee.
- To qualify for Early Releases or First Releases, coins must be received by NGC before the Early Releases/First Releases cutoff date.
- The default label will be NGC’s American Flag Liberty Label #487 (shown below):
- If you prefer the US Mint 225th Anniversary label (shown below), write US Mint 225th Anniversary #768 on the submission form. There is no additional fee for this label. If no label is requested you will receive the American Flag Liberty label.
- If you would like Mint packaging returned, select “Return Mint Packaging” in section 3 of the NGC Submission Form.
- Please note that NGC’s First Day of Issue designation is available for qualifying bulk submissions only.
Questions? Contact NGC Customer Service at service@NGCcoin.com or 1-800-NGC-COIN (1-800-642-2646).
Collectors Society paid members can submit their coins directly to NGC. Not an NGC Collectors Society member? Paid memberships start at just $39/year. Join today.