NGC Shanghai Announces Revised Services
Posted on 5/5/2017
NGC Shanghai Business Information Consulting Co., Ltd. (NGC Shanghai), the wholly owned Chinese subsidiary of Numismatic Guaranty Corporation® (NGC®), has announced several customer-friendly changes to their services. These changes are effective for all submissions received after May 1, 2017.
NCS™ Conservation Services
- NCS Gold + NGC Grading - Fee of ¥375 includes both NCS conservation and NGC grading. This tier accepts all uncertified gold coins valued up to ¥18,750 (coins that require an NGC Oversize Holder are not eligible). There is no minimum submission requirement. If NCS determines that your coin will not benefit from conservation, it will be transferred to NGC and ¥150 will be refunded.
- NCS Modern + NGC Grading - Fee of ¥220 includes both NCS conservation and NGC grading for all uncertified coins struck 1955 to date and valued under ¥1875 (coins that require an NGC Oversize Holder are not eligible). There is no minimum submission requirement. If NCS determines that your coin will not benefit from conservation, it will be transferred to NGC and ¥75 will be refunded.
NGC Grading Services & Fees
- High Value, Rarities, Ultra Rarities - Vintage Chinese coins (pre-1955) are now excluded from these tiers. Submit vintage Chinese coins valued over ¥125,000 under the new Vintage Chinese Rarities tier.
- Vintage Chinese Rarities - This tier is for all vintage coins valued above ¥125,000. Fee is 1% of the coin’s Fair Market Value (FMV). Maximum value is unlimited. Submitters may select the NGC ACAB Red Dragon Label, the NGC ACAB Red Dragon Chen Gi Mao Authentic Hand-Signed Label (Request “NGC ACAB Chen Gi Mao Signature Label #856”), or the NGC Standard Brown Label (request “NGC Standard Brown #377”.) The NGC ACAB Red Dragon Label (without signature) is the default label for all vintage Chinese coins. (If the NGC Standard Brown Label is requested, coins that receive NGC Details Grades will be encapsulated with the purple NGC Details Label.)
NGC Grading Services
- Modern Gold - Five coin minimum requirement removed.
- Value - Five coin minimum requirement removed.
- Economy - Five coin minimum requirement removed.
- Vintage Bulk - New tier for bulk submissions of vintage coins valued up to ¥1,875. Fee is ¥110. Requires a minimum submission of 50 vintage coins of the same type.
NGC Add-on Services
- Mint Error Service - The Mint Error service tier is required for all submissions of mint errors. If a mint error is submitted for grading but the Mint Error service tier is not selected, NGC Shanghai will select the Mint Error service tier and charge the additional ¥95 Mint Error attribution fee.
- NGC ACAB ReHolders - NGC-certified vintage Chinese coins may be submitted under an applicable ReHolder service tier to be reholdered with the NGC ACAB Red Dragon Label. (Excludes the NGC ACAB Red Dragon Chen Gi Mao Hand-Signed Label, which can be received only if coins are submitted for grading under the Vintage Rarities tier.)
Please note that NGC Shanghai reserves the right to adjust the services selected or fees calculated if it determines, in its sole reasonably exercised discretion, that the coins submitted do not qualify for the tiers selected or have been undervalued.
All submissions to NGC and NCS in China should be made to an Official Submission Center. To learn more about submitting in China, visit NGCcoin.cn/Submissions
New submission forms will be made available to Official Submission Centers and Authorized Dealers in late May. In the meantime, current submission forms may continue to be used. For the new services of NCS Gold + NGC Grading, Vintage Rarities and Vintage Bulk, simply write the name of the tier in bold letters at the top of the submission form.
Want news like this delivered to your inbox once a month? Subscribe to the free NGC eNewsletter today!