Special NGC San Francisco Cable Car Label for 2017-S Proof Silver Eagle
Posted on 4/4/2017
The US Mint has announced that the Congratulations Set will go on sale April 4. Surprisingly, the Congratulations Set contains an S-mintmarked 2017 Proof Silver Eagle, not a W-mintmarked coin as one might expect. Only 75,000 of these sets will be sold, which will make the 2017-S Proof Silver Eagle the second-rarest in the series after the famous 1995-W.
|2017-S Proof Silver Eagle with
NGC San Francisco Cable Car label
Click images to enlarge.
All 2017-S Proof Silver Eagles will be attributed with "CONGRATULATIONS SET" on the NGC certification label. NGC will also offer a special San Francisco Cable Car label (#854) for no additional fee. This label will be the default label for these coins. IMPORTANT NOTE: The San Francisco Cable Car label will not be available until April 19. If you would like your coins back prior to April 19, request either Blue Early Releases (#378) or Blue First Releases (#379).
Scroll below for detailed submission instructions.
- Submit the Congratulations Set under the Modern grading tier or higher. If Early Releases or First Releases is desired, select Early Releases or First Releases. If you do not want the Early Releases or First Releases designations, the San Francisco Cable Car label will still be included by default for no additional fee with the Modern grading tier fee.
- Learn more about Early Releases and First Releases here. Also see Early Releases / First Releases cutoff dates.
- The default label will be NGC’s San Francisco Cable Car Label #854 (shown below):
- If you would like Mint packaging returned, select “Return Mint Packaging” in section 3 of the NGC Submission Form.
- Please note that NGC’s First Day of Issue designation is available for qualifying bulk submissions only.
Questions? Contact NGC Customer Service at service@NGCcoin.com or 1-800-NGC-COIN (1-800-642-2646).
Collectors Society paid members can submit their coins directly to NGC. Not an NGC Collectors Society member? Paid memberships start at just $39/year. Join today.
Want news like this delivered to your inbox once a month? Subscribe to the free NGC eNewsletter today!