Special Pedigree For 2016 Limited Edition Silver Proof Set
Posted on 11/30/2016
The US Mint released a 2016 Limited Edition Silver Proof Set on November 25, 2016. It contains a 2016-S Silver Dime, five 2016-S Silver America the Beautiful Quarters, a 2016-S Silver Kennedy Half Dollar and a 2016-W Silver Eagle. A maximum of 50,000 sets will be sold.
NGC will offer a special LIMITED EDITION SET pedigree for these coins. This pedigree will be listed separately in the NGC Census.
To qualify for the LIMITED EDITION SET pedigree, the following special submission instructions must be followed.
- Coins must remain in the sealed US Mint shipping boxes, and the entire unopened package must be sent to NGC for certification. NGC must open these boxes in order for the coins to qualify for the LIMITED EDITION SET pedigree.
- All sets and coins that are submitted must be graded. Submitters may not request that NGC grade only certain coins or sets.
- These sets may not be submitted to NGC at trade shows.
- Coins for this pedigree must be submitted on their own submission form.
- Submit the coins under the Modern grading tier or higher. If Early Releases or First Releases are desired, select Special Designation/Label and check either Early Releases or First Releases. Write LIMITED EDITION SET on the NGC Submission Form. The Special Designation/Label fee applies for the set verification and attribution even if Early Releases or First Releases is not desired.
- To qualify for Early Releases or First Releases, coins must be received by NGC before the cutoff date for the Limited Edition Silver Proof Set.
- The default label for the Silver Eagle will be NGC's special 30th Anniversary label, shown below:
- The default label for the remaining coins in the set will be NGC's standard brown label shown below:
- If you would prefer NGC's Blue Early Releases label (shown below), write Blue Early Releases in bold letters on the NGC Submission Form.
- If you would prefer NGC's Blue First Releases label (shown below), write Blue First Releases Label in bold letters on the NGC Submission Form.
- If you would like the Mint packaging returned, select “Return packaging” in the Services box on the submission form.
Questions? Contact NGC Customer Service at Service@NGCcoin.com or 1-800-NGC-COIN (1-800-642-2646).
Collectors Society paid members can submit their coins directly to NGC. Not an NGC Collectors Society member? Paid memberships start at just $39/year. Join today.
Want news like this delivered to your inbox once a month? Subscribe to the free NGC eNewsletter today!