NGC Label for 2013 American Silver Eagle West Point Set
Posted on 5/7/2013
The US Mint is releasing a special 2-coin set of one ounce American Silver Eagle Coins. The set includes the 2013-W American Eagle Silver Reverse Proof Coin, and one enhanced finish 2013-W American Eagle Silver Specimen Coin. The set is on sale from the US Mint for only four weeks from May 9, 2013 to June 6, 2013. This is the first enhanced finish Silver Eagle to be struck by the US Mint.
NGC has designated the enhanced finish 2013-W American Silver Eagles "SP" or "Specimen" because they were specially struck with surfaces unlike the Mint State or Proof variants.
To honor this special release, NGC is offering our special West Point label. Coins from these sets will be pedigreed as WEST POINT EAGLE SET. Special instructions must be followed in order for coins to qualify for this pedigree and label.
- Remove the coins from the US Mint packaging and submit them raw in capsules. Do not send the Mint packaging.
- IMPORTANT UPDATE: To receive the WEST POINT EAGLE SET pedigree, the Reverse Proof and Specimen 2013-W Silver Eagles must be received in equal numbers on the same submission form.
- Select the Modern tier or higher and select Special Label/Releases. Check the NGC website for Early Releases/First Releases cutoff dates. Special Label/Releases must be selected even if Early Releases or First Releases is not desired or if coins are received after the cutoff date for those designations. The 5-coin minimum is waived.
- All sets that arrive at NGC during the Early Releases period will automatically be labeled as "Early Releases". If you prefer the
“First Releases” designation, write “First Releases” on the submission form. To opt out of the Early or First Releases designations, write "No Early/First Releases" on the submission form.
- The West Point Gold Star label (shown below) is the default label for the West Point Eagle Set.
- Coins for this designation or special label must be on their own submission invoice. The coins cannot be mixed with other coins to qualify for this pedigree.
- If you want Mint capsules returned, select “Return packaging” in the Services box on the submission form.
If you prefer the NGC Early Releases (Blue) or Standard (Brown) label, write "Early Releases Blue label" or "Standard Brown label" on the submission form.
Due to the special handling required, NGC will not accept submissions of these sets at trade shows.
Dealers and Elite Collectors Society members should contact NGC for bulk submission instructions and guidelines. By popular demand, the black NGC Retro Holder will be made available to bulk submitters.
Questions? Contact NGC Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-NGC-COIN (1-800-642-2646).
Collectors Society paid members can submit their sets directly to NGC. Not an NGC Collectors Society member? Paid memberships start at just $39/year. Join as a Premium member, or upgrade to Premium membership, and you'll receive a coupon to have five coins graded for free, which you can use to submit your West Point Eagle Set. Join today.