*UPDATED* New NGC Label for 2012 American Silver Eagle San Francisco Proof Set
Posted on 6/6/2012
The US Mint is releasing a highly anticipated special 2-coin Proof set of one ounce American Silver Eagle Coins. The set includes the 2012-S American Silver Eagle Reverse Proof Coin, the first reverse proof struck at San Francisco, and the 2012-S American Silver Eagle Proof coin, the first proof American Silver Eagle struck at the San Francisco Mint since 1992. The set is on sale from the US Mint for only four weeks, from June 7 to July 5, 2012
To honor this special release, NGC is offering a unique San Francisco label. Coins from these sets will be pedigreed as SAN FRANCISCO EAGLE SET. Special instructions must be followed in order for coins to qualify for this pedigree and label.
- Remove the coins from the US Mint packaging and submit them raw in the capsules. Do not send the Mint packaging.
- IMPORTANT UPDATE: To receive the SAN FRANCISCO EAGLE SET pedigree, the Proof and Reverse Proof 2012-S Silver Eagles must be received in equal numbers on the same submission form. If the Proof 2012-S Silver Eagles are submitted without an equal or higher number of Reverse Proof 2012-S Silver Eagles, they will NOT be eligible for the special pedigree. All Reverse Proof 2012-S Silver Eagles will receive the pedigree by default.
- Select the Modern tier or higher and select Special Label/Releases. Check the NGC website for Early Releases and First Releases cutoff dates. Special Label/Releases must be selected even if Early Releases or First Releases is not desired or if coins are received after the cutoff date for those designations.
- The San Francisco "S" label (shown below) is the default label for the San Francisco Eagle Set.
- All sets that arrive at NGC during the Early Releases period will automatically be labeled as "Early Releases". If you prefer the
“First Releases” designation, write “First Releases” on the submission form. To opt out of the Early or First Releases designations, write "No Early/First Releases" on the submission form.
- Coins for this designation or special label must be on their own submission invoice. The coins cannot be mixed with other coins to qualify for this pedigree.
- If you want Mint capsules returned, select “Return packaging” in the Services box on the submission form.
Note: If you prefer the NGC Early Releases (Blue) or Standard (Brown) label, write "Early Releases label" or "Standard Brown label" on the submission form.
Due to the special handling required, NGC will not accept submissions of these sets at trade shows.
Dealers should contact NGC for bulk submission instructions and guidelines.
Questions? Contact NGC Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-NGC-COIN (1-800-642-2646).
Collectors Society paid members can submit their sets directly to NGC. Not an NGC Collectors Society member? Paid memberships start at just $39/year. Join as a Premium member, or upgrade to Premium membership, and you'll receive a coupon to have five coins graded for free, which you can use to submit your San Francisco Eagle Set. Join today.
Want news like this delivered to your inbox once a month? Subscribe to the free NGC eNewsletter today!