Submitting Coins to NCS

Posted on 8/23/2011

In case it's been a while, here is a refresher on submitting coins to NCS for conservation.

All coins sent to NCS for conservation must be submitted on the NCS Submission Form. We receive a number of submissions for conservation on the NGC Submission Form, and this results in delays in processing.

Submitting to NCS is easy. You can use a printed submission form or try the convenient fillable PDF Submission Form, available online.

Service options are:

  • Standard conservation with grading
  • Standard conservation with coins returned raw
  • Modern conservation with grading (for uncertified coins 1970-date valued $3,000 or less), which includes evaluation, conservation and NGC certification

If you prefer using the printed form, contact NCS Customer Service directly at 1-866-NCS-COIN (627-2646) or by e-mail at for a supply of our current forms.

Note: Coin(s) holdered by any service other than NGC or PCGS will be treated as raw coin(s) and removed from their holder. In order to submit coins that are in holders other than NGC or PCGS, a "Consent to Remove Coin(s) from Holder(s)" form must be signed and submitted prior to any work being performed by NCS. A form must accompany each applicable submission invoice.

Stay Informed

Want news like this delivered to your inbox once a month? Subscribe to the free NGC eNewsletter today!


You've been subscribed to the NGC eNewsletter.

Unable to subscribe to our eNewsletter. Please try again later.

Articles List

Add Coin

Join NGC for free to add coins, track your collection and participate in the NGC Registry. Learn more >

Join NGC

Already a member? Sign In
Add to NGC Coin Registry Example
The NGC Registry is not endorsed by or associated with PCGS or CAC. PCGS is a registered trademark of Collectors Universe, Inc. CAC is a trademark of Certified Acceptance Corporation.