Vintage Chinese Rarity Among NGC-certified Coins in October Sale
Posted on 9/22/2022
A vintage Chinese silver dollar certified by Numismatic Guaranty Company™ (NGC®) is among the top highlights in the Hong Kong World Coins Autumn Showcase Auction presented by Heritage Auctions. Bidding is underway for over 300 NGC-certified ancient, vintage and modern coins, with the sale ending October 2, 2022.
Bidding had already reached $19,000 more than a week before the sale for a China YR21 (1932) “Birds Over Junk” Silver Dollar (lot 99158). The birds over junk variety associated with this coin refers to three seabirds flying over a junk, a type of sailing ship. Graded NGC MS 64+, this coin’s grade is near the top of more than 500 examples recorded in the NGC Census.
Other NGC-certified highlights include:
- a China 1979 Year of the Child Gold 450 Yuan graded NGC PF 69 Cameo (lot 99213)
- a group of five China 1986P Gold Pandas (5 Yuan to 100 Yuan) graded NGC PF 69 Ultra Cameo to NGC PF 70 Ultra Cameo (lot 99238)
- a group of three China 1991 10th Anniversary Panda issues: a Piefort Gold 50 Yuan graded NGC PF 69 Ultra Cameo, a Piefort Silver 10 Yuan graded NGC PF 67 Ultra Cameo and a Silver Medal graded NGC PF 68 (lot 99267)
- a group of five China 2017 Gold Panda (10 Yuan to 500 Yuan) graded NGC MS 69 to NGC MS 70 (lot 99288)
- a Great Britain 2022 King James I Gold £100 British Monarch Series graded NGC PF 70 Ultra Cameo with a First Releases designation (lot 99344)
- a Great Britain 2020 Mayflower 400th Anniversary Gold £100 (One of First 100 Struck) graded NGC PF 70 Ultra Cameo (lot 99343)
- a Japan T6(1917) 20 Yen graded NGC MS 65+ (lot 99403)
- a Kingdom of Macedon Alexander III Gold Stater graded NGC Ancients Ch AU, 4/5 Strike and 3/5 Surface with Fine Style (lot 99002)
Want news like this delivered to your inbox once a month? Subscribe to the free NGC eNewsletter today!