Rare NGC-certified Spanish Gold Coin Stars in Numisbalt Sale
Posted on 9/16/2022
Hundreds of ancient, vintage and modern coins certified by Numismatic Guaranty Company™ (NGC®) are showcased in an upcoming Numisbalt Auction. Online bidding for Numisbalt e-Live Auction #22 is underway, with the sale ending September 22-23, 2022.
The top lot is a Spain 1683 BR Segovia 4 Escudos, which has an estimate of €75,000 (about $75,000). Graded NGC MS 64+ (lot 1892), this stunning coin is the only example recorded in the NGC Census. This coin was struck during the reign of Charles II, who ascended the throne at the age of four and reigned for 35 years.
Other NGC-certified highlights in the sale include:
- a Roman Empire Maximian, A.D. 286-310 Gold Aureus graded NGC Ancients Ch MS, 5/5 Strike and 4/5 Surface (lot 1255), which has an estimate of €50,000 (about $50,000)
- a Roman Empire Diocletian, A.D. 284-305 Gold Aureus graded NGC Ancients Ch MS, 5/5 Strike and 4/5 Surface (lot 1257), which has an estimate of €40,000 (about $40,000)
- a Roman Empire Antoninus Pius, A.D. 138-161 Gold Aureus graded NGC Ancients Ch MS, 5/5 Strike and 5/5 Surface with Fine Style (lot 1254), which has an estimate of €20,000 (about $20,000)
- a Roman Empire Aurelian, A.D. 270-275 Gold Aureus graded NGC Ancients MS★, 4/5 Strike and 4/5 Surface and pedigreed to the Morris Collection (lot 1256), which has an estimate of €20,000 (about $20,000)
- a Spain (1458-79) Catalonia Ducat graded NGC MS 62 (lot 1891), which has an estimate of €15,000 (about $15,000)
- a Russia 1783CNB N3 Rouble graded NGC MS 63+ (lot 1340), which has an estimate of €9,000 (about $9,000)
- a Russia 1894 AT 10 Roubles graded NGC MS 61 (lot 1563), which has an estimate of €7,500 (about $7,500)
All estimates are provided by the auction house. The $ symbol represents US Dollars.
Want news like this delivered to your inbox once a month? Subscribe to the free NGC eNewsletter today!