NGC-certified Rarities from Europe Offered in September Künker Sale
Posted on 9/8/2022
Dozens of European rarities certified by Numismatic Guaranty Company™ (NGC®) are being offered by esteemed German auction house Künker Münzauktionen und Goldhandel. Online bidding has already begun for Auction #373, which concludes on September 26, 2022.
The top coin featured in the sale is a Poland 1614 Danzig 10 Ducats graded NGC MS 60 (lot 439). The obverse features a bust of Sigismund III, who was elected King of Poland in 1587 after the unexpected death of the previous ruler. He was the first Polish sovereign from the House of Vasa and is known for strengthening Roman Catholic influence across Poland and leading the country’s largest territorial expansion of the era. This coin has an estimate of €100,000 (about $100,000).
Another top highlight of the sale is an Austrian Netherlands 1751 Antwerp 10 Souverain d’Or graded NGC MS 62 (lot 750). The obverse depicts Maria Theresa, the powerful female ruler of the Habsburg dominions, while the reverse shows her husband, Francis I. The Austrian Netherlands roughly correspond to modern-day Belgium. The coin also has an estimate of €100,000 (about $100,000).
Other NGC-certified rarities in the auction include:
- a Bohemia 1629 Prague 10 Ducat graded NGC AU 58 (lot 722) with an estimate of €60,000 (about $60,000)
- a Germany 1698 GFN Nurnberg 6 Ducat graded NGC MS 63 (lot 993) with an estimate of €60,000 (about $60,000)
- a Germany 1753 Passau 5 Ducat graded NGC AU 58 (lot 1000) with an estimate of €35,000 (about $35,000)
- an Austria 1743 Vienna 5 Ducat graded NGC MS 62 (lot 747) with an estimate of €20,000 (about $20,000)
- an Austria 1745 AS/IE Vienna 5 Ducat graded NGC AU 58 (lot 765) with an estimate of €20,000 (about $20,000)
- an Austria 1867-dated Franz Joseph Coronation Gold Medal graded NGC PF 62 Ultra Cameo (lot 805) with an estimate of €20,000 (about $20,000)
- a Czechoslovakia 1929 10 Ducats Trade Coinage graded NGC MS 66 (lot 585) with an estimate of €15,000 (about $15,000)
- a Germany 1640 Bavaria 5 Ducat graded NGC AU 58 (lot 860) with an estimate of €15,000 (about $15,000)
All estimates are provided by the auction house. The $ symbol represents US Dollars.
Get the latest NGC news delivered straight to your inbox.