NGC-graded 2-Kilogram Gold Coins Among Modern Rarities in Heritage Auction
Posted on 8/1/2022
A pair of 2-kilogram gold coins certified by Numismatic Guaranty Company™ (NGC®) stand out in a Heritage Auctions sale this month. Bidding is already underway for the World and Ancient Coins Platinum Session and Signature Auction, which will be held August 25-28, 2022.
The two coins are each a Great Britain 2021 2-Kilogram Great Engravers Gothic Crown Gold 2,000 Pounds, graded NGC PF 70 Ultra Cameo with an Early Releases designation (lots 34277 and 34278). Each features a design from a different side of the 1847 Gothic Crown, whose designs of Queen Victoria and a quartered arms were well regarded. This acclaim earned them a place in the Royal Mint’s Great Engravers series of modern coins, where they have paired with a modern portrait of Queen Elizabeth II.
Each has an estimate of $100,000 to $200,000.
Nearly 2,000 NGC-certified coins from around the world are featured in the auction, and other modern rarities include:
- a Great Britain 2021 Great Engravers Gothic Crown 1-Kilogram Gold 1,000 Pounds graded NGC PF 70 Ultra Cameo (lot 34276), with an estimate of $50,000 to $75,000
- a France 1979 10-piece Gold Piefort Proof Set graded NGC PF 66 Ultra Cameo to NGC PF 69 (lot 34169), with an estimate of $20,000 to $30,000
- a Great Britain 2021 Great Engravers Gothic Crown Gold 200 Pounds Trial Piece, graded NGC PF 70 Ultra Cameo (lot 34273), with an estimate of $20,000 to $30,000
- a France 1974 9-piece Gold Piefort Proof Set graded NGC PF 65 to NGC PF 68 Ultra Cameo (lot 34167), with an estimate of $20,000 to $30,000
- a France 1978 9-piece Gold Piefort Proof Set graded NGC PF 67 to NGC PF 69 Ultra Cameo (lot 34168), with an estimate of $15,000 to $20,000
- a Czechoslovakia 1968-dated Gold Medal - 50th Anniversary of the Founding of Czechoslovakia graded NGC PF 67 Ultra Cameo (lot 34147), with an estimate of $10,000 to $15,000
The $ symbol represents US Dollars.