NGC-certified Vintage Polish Medal Featured in June Sale
Posted on 6/16/2022
An 18th-century medal from Eastern Europe certified by Numismatic Guaranty Company™ (NGC®) is being offered in an online sale presented by Poland-based auction house Antykwariat Numizmatyczny Michal Niemczyk. Divided into five sessions, bidding for Auction 34 is underway and will conclude June 24-28, 2022.
One of the top NGC-certified lots in the sale is a propaganda medal made during a turbulent political period in Poland. When the Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth adopted the Constitution of 3 May 1791, the Targowica Confederation was formed to rise against it, with the support of the Russian Empress, Catherine the Great. The Poland 1793 Targowica Taler was created to oppose the constitution. Graded NGC MS 62 (Part I, lot 690), this issue has a starting bid of 15,000 PLN (about $3,500).
Other NGC-certified highlights in the sale include:
- two Poland 1986CHI John Paul II Visit silver coins (200 Zlotych and 100 Zlotych), both graded NGC 69 Ultra Cameo (Part II, lot 2581), which have a starting price of 14,000 PLN (about $3,200)
- a Poland 1930 Danzig 25 Gulden graded NGC MS 66 (Part II, lot 2390), which has a starting bid of 10,000 PLN (about $2,300)
- a Poland 1629 II Taler graded NGC AU 58 (Part I, lot 388), which has a starting price of 9,000 PLN (about $2,100)
- a Romania 1906 Gold 50 Lei graded NGC MS 60 (Part V, lot 5383), which has a starting bid of 8,000 PLN (about $1,800)
- a France 1857A Gold 100 Francs graded NGC MS 62+ (Part V, lot 5193), which has a starting bid of 7,500 PLN (about $1,700)
- a Poland 1630 II Taler graded NGC AU 50 (Part I, lot 389), which has a starting bid of 7,000 PLN (about $1,600)
- a Poland 1649 GR Danzig Taler graded NGC AU 55 (Part I, lot 591), which has a starting bid of 7,000 PLN (about $1,600)
- a Russia 1894CNB ¼ Kopek graded NGC PF 66 BN (Part I, lot 1109), which has a starting bid of 7,000 PLN (about $1,600)
- a Poland 1924H 2 Zlote graded NGC MS 62 (Part II, lot 2238), which has a starting bid of 7,000 PLN (about $1,600)
- a Poland 1767 FS 4 Groszy graded NGC MS 64 (Part I, lot 705), which has a starting bid of 4,000 PLN (about $933)
All starting prices are provided by the auction house. The $ symbol represents US Dollars.
Want news like this delivered to your inbox once a month? Subscribe to the free NGC eNewsletter today!