• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help submitting ASE 25th set

41 posts in this topic

Could someone please post an image of a submission form filled out for the ASE 25th set? I'm brand new and want to submit my sets for grading but don't understand the form. Thanks a bunch.

• Administrator

Thank you for the question. The 25th Anniversary Set coins must be submitted under the Modern Special tier and in the unopened US Mint shipping box. You should list each coin from the set individually on the form:

2011 S$1 MS EAGLE 25TH ANNIVERSARY SET

2011 S S$1 MS EAGLE 25TH ANNIVERSARY SET

2011 W S$1 MS EAGLE 25TH ANNIVERSARY SET

2011 W S$1 PF EAGLE 25TH ANNIVERSARY SET

2011 P S$1 REVERSE PF EAGLE 25TH ANNIVERSARY SET

Please see the image below for a sample submission form for the 25th Anniversary Set. Make sure you give a Declared Value for each coin and then total it at the bottom.

117359.jpg.08e910e161da0e3b0c68b454164aca7f.jpg

• Administrator

Barlesvilleok,

You can put the sealed Mint shipping box inside of a box along with the accompanying paperwork.

rodzm,

There is no $10 VarietyPlus fee for the 25th Anniversary Sets, and you shouldn't check the VarietyPlus box. The pedigree and special label are included as part of the $17 per coin grading fee. And if you didn't put anything in "Variety" don't worry -- we are going to assume that you want the 25th Anniversary Set attribution if you are sending them in, so that will be done by default.

Will this invoice (the sample) qualify for the Early Release? or is there something that needs to be checked??

Also by putting "Return Mint Packaging" in the special instruction box NGC will return your packaging for $1 per set. I thought this info might be useful for other new collectors.

• Administrator

Yes, all 25th Anniversary Sets received on or before December 8 will automatically be given the Early Releases designation. If you do not want the Early Releases designation you may write "No Early Releases" on the submission form.

Before I could stop her my wife did this (see picture) to the box. :pullhair:

25AnnvBox2.jpg

The top seam has about a three inch opening in it. Can you tell me if all the coins still quality for the special labels?

Or should I start the divorce proceeding now? ;)

Wow, December 8th.. Im starting to wonder if I will get mine there in time. I ordered mine on D-Day and Im still showing "In stock and reserved" status at the mint. Before it went to this status, it was showing 27 Nov shipping date.

Gonna be tight!

One more question. I saw that there is a $1 charge to return mint packaging, however I see no spot on the form that would add the charge or is the charge added upon processing of order.

Just want to make sure before I send out the coins that I am charged correctly for the service and that it does not get overlooked. Thanks

• Administrator

MercP, I couldn't say for certain, but my guess is that it will be okay as long as it's clear the coins couldn't have been removed from the box (and potentially switched).

rodzm, you can just add the $1 per set charge to return the mint packaging to line 2 (Adjustments) of the box in the lower left corner of the submission form. You will also be charged for the shipping (each set has nearly 3 pounds of packaging) when that is calculated.

Thanks max for the explaination about variety....I just about had a heart attack!..I called about how to submit and was told by the lady i spoke to how to fill out the form. when I looked at the example form and saw the variety written in as 25th anniversary set...I about fell over because mine was left blank. That beingsaid, when you stated in previous post about this variety of 25th ann. set being a default i was instantly relieved!... THANK YOU FORBEING THOUROUGH!

Max, in doing the forms inline I haven't found line 2 for adjustments in order to have the OGP returned. Any hints? Thanks

you can just add the $1 per set charge to return the mint packaging to line 2 (Adjustments) of the box in the lower left corner of the submission form. You will also be charged for the shipping (each set has nearly 3 pounds of packaging) when that is calculated.

There is no line 2 on the online form. What to do?

Note that online submission form does not allow submittor to pay the $1 per set packaging return fee. Submittor needs to be aware that NGC will add this to the credit card charge and submittor needs to write on the mail in copy "RETURN MINT PACKAGING."

Max, you answered a lot of questions here, thanks.

I was a bit worried about how I filled my submission form out when after mailing to you I realized I did not add the return shipping cost for packaging in the total even though I printed "Please Return Mint Packaging". It sounds like you will just add the charge and return the packaging, which is nice because you can read and understand my intentions.

I have two submissions in now that are "scheduled for grading"; the first with a UHR in it and a second for the 25th anny sets. I'm starting to feel like a kid before Christmas.

• Administrator

rons,

When you print out the form you can just write that by hand in the payments section. The online forms do not currently have an Adjustments section -- we will be updating these soon. You can also download our fillable PDF forms, which do have an adjustments section.

Thanks,

Max

• Administrator

grab77,

Thanks for the questions. You must submit the 25th Anniversary Sets under the Modern Special tier, which is $17 ($3 more than the regular Modern tier). That price will include the special label and Early Releases designation.

You should just write "RETURN MINT PACKAGING" in bold letters somewhere on the submission form.

Due to a late estimated mint ship date of my sets(12/5/11) I was wondering if i could drive to Sarasota to hand delivery my sets. I'm only 3 hours away from your location. Do you guys accept coins dropped off personally?? Thanks

grab77,

Thanks for the questions. You must submit the 25th Anniversary Sets under the Modern Special tier, which is $17 ($3 more than the regular Modern tier). That price will include the special label and Early Releases designation.

You should just write "RETURN MINT PACKAGING" in bold letters somewhere on the submission form.

I didnt quite write in Return Mint Packaging but I did type it under the customer notes and also placed the $1 uner Adjustment for the mint packaging. Is this the correct protocol or am i risking here to not get my OGP sent back because I didnt quite write it in bold letters.