• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Should NGC......

Detailed Analysis  

204 members have voted

1. 1. Detailed Analysis

11 posts in this topic

Of course!! You've paid fees for the service of having it graded, quality controled, and then slabbed. I think this explanation would be paid for and no more extra time taken as it would have to go thru the processes that it normally would have if not BB'd.

It's odd Bobby, but I have never heard a reason anyone had against this idea, yet no one is forcing the issue. NGC actually works for the user, I thought. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Maybe not.

If a TPG told the submitter what was wrong then the submitter would not resubmit. Net result--less profit. Not going to happen. Nor, as a publicly traded company with a basic responsibility to the stockholders--NOT TO THE SUBMITTERS--should it.

Another thing I thought about was maybe the TPG doesn't want to write the issue due to this qualifying as a "legitimate statement of rejection', and having to be responsible for that if it turns out to not be the issue. confused-smiley-013.gif

If a TPG told the submitter what was wrong then the submitter would not resubmit. Net result--less profit. Not going to happen. Nor, as a publicly traded company with a basic responsibility to the stockholders--NOT TO THE SUBMITTERS--should it.

couldnt of said it better my self!

but they could either give better bb detail (been over that)

or take just a lil loss and say refund us 1/3 of the cost of that said coin.

if i had say 5$ from each body bag i could easily send in more without too much of a thaught. i would still send in large amounts knowing i get a lil love for my bbed coins. but as of now i only send very nice coins in unless i have coupon :P

so imo i think a lil for us for bbed coins would then take some worry away there for sending in more coins to be graded.the accualy get less coins if ppl are only sending in what will for sure for sure grade :P

NGC has what is wrong with the coin on the BB or at least the few that I get do. What else needs to be said, cleaned is cleaned, AT is AT, damaged is damaged, this is enough for me.

If I have a questionable coin I send it to NCS first. It only costs about $5 for them to look at the coin. Sometimes they can "fix" the problem on the coin and it will come back in a slab instead of a BB.

NGC has what is wrong with the coin on the BB or at least the few that I get do. What else needs to be said, cleaned is cleaned, AT is AT, damaged is damaged, this is enough for me.

If I have a questionable coin I send it to NCS first. It only costs about $5 for them to look at the coin. Sometimes they can "fix" the problem on the coin and it will come back in a slab instead of a BB.

I technocally agree with you and maybe every collector who gets a BB needs to learn how to grade better, but I for one am not willing to pay an extra $5 on every coin I consider questionable. On less expensive coins, the $15 grading fee I pay for world economy is already enough. The most frustrating part is when a BB occurs even after getting it previewed at a coin show.

There are three reasons why I submit coins. To capture the spread between raw and certiifed coins, to increase the marketability of my collection and to make easier for someone else to sell it in the event that I am not around to dispose of it. I do not have any registry sets and have no interest in that, so financial considerations are the only reason for me to submit any coins. The risk of BB simply reduces the number of coins I submit.

The poll says that you can "choose 2". Since there are only two options, it is possible to check both "yes" and "no". This compromises the validity of the poll insofar as there are people who would vote twice to skew the results (not me).

I think they should provide the analysis for a limited fee for processing, etc.

without a doubt. The wife sent in her first submission of 5 coins. 3 were BB. She has no idea what exactly was wrong with one of them. One was "altered surface" and 2 were improperly cleaned. She stared at that "altered surface" coin for hours and cant figure it out. I told her that I would have a look at it when I get home.