• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1881-CC Morgan help

6 posts in this topic

I recently purchased this coin:

1881ccdmpldp4.jpg1881ccdmplreversenr6.jpg

If I were to submit it would you be able to clean up the fields of this Morgan and remove some of the haze?

It is difficult to determine with any certainty what me may or may not be able to do to help a coin from an image. It is likely we would be able to remove the haze from a coin and depending on the surfaces underneath, whether there may be an old improper cleaning, a coin will grade with NGC following the conservation work. There is one area above Liberty that is of concern but from the image I am not able to determine what it might be from the image. It may be simply an area of residue, which is able to be conserved, or it could be evidence of a surface problem that conservation would not be able to help. This coin would have to be examined in person to determine what could be done to improve it.

Chris, NCS

We do not currently have an online submission form. With a regular email address and an already established account we can send you a pdf file submission form to print out or we can mail you regular paper forms.

Chris, NCS

I have sent this coin in and I believe you recieved it last week. Is there anyway to track the stutus?

There currently is not an online tracking for submissions to NCS. An email or phone call to NCS customer service can give you an update on status. Once a coin has transferred to NGC it will appear through NGC online tracking.

ncshelp@ncscoin.com

866-627-2646

Chris, NCS