• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NOT a Complaint- Just an Observation.

7 posts in this topic

I finally tracked down a 2000-D MS67 Kennedy for my Mint State set. Who would have this year is the toughest of the them all for the late dates?

For whatever reason, they normally come spotty and marked up. Even a true MS66 is somewhat tough, but in all honesty, a REAL MS67 is almost impossible.

It's weird, because every date around this one is easy, but the 2000-D is very scarce in top grade.

Now, check the pops, here and PCGS and you'll see.

The one I added, an NGC MS67* is a POP ONE coin- none finer. PCGS has also never seen one finer. Even without the STAR it is a single pop coin in 67.

I added it to my Registry and guess what? 15 points.

The MS65FBL Franklin debacle I understand. But a POP ONE coin with none finer? 15 points?

Oh, well. crazy.gif

• Administrator

You guys have got to put this stuff in the official thread. I myself, and the NGC people are not guaranteed to read every post on these boards. We are, however, making an effort to read all of the score related stuff in the official thread for scoring issues.

Ergo, if you post it in that thread, it will get seen. If you post it just up and around the boards, it will only be seen if you get lucky.

Arch

Ok ARC- I just did, but even your own response in that Thread states it is difficult, right now, to adjust the weights on a single coin".

Thus, this Thread ("NOT a Complaint...")

No Keith, I haven't. I do know I've never owned a 76-P in MS67- it's that tough of a coin! It wasn't through a lack of not trying either.

Now Keith, you'll back my play, right? Isn't the 2000-D a surprisingly tough coin in MS67?

Initially, the 76 clad had 71 points in the Type Set slot for MS-67. Still pop. 24 between the P and D at PCGS, none at NGC at this point. It's now been adjusted to 1,271.

I looked at the Kennedys and it looks like the 1999 to present pieces are the same score, regardless of date. I haven't kept up with the 2002's, but for the other pieces, that sounds correct. Except for the 2000-D. I remember selling a MS-66 on E-Bay back in 2001 for exorbitant money. It was a piece I had made from a Mint Set. Looking through my records, the buyer was none other than RegistryCoin, right before he finished his set off. The piece is hard, and 66's should be weighted the same or slightly more than the MS-67's of the rest of the dates in that range.

I agree Keith. MS66's are tough coins. Now, imagine a real MS67! Let alone this one I located is NGC MS67 W *(STAR) too!

I honestly think it would cross, and easily, into a PCGS holder, but I don't care. It's right where it needs to be.