• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

200 Years Old, Tough Variety, Worn With Very Original Looking Clean Surfaces

11 posts in this topic

I can appreciate this Small Stars 1807 Turban half as much as any coin I own or have ever owned. It served it's purpose in commerce, and came out of it with hardly a mark on it. Got more? I'll back up the truck!!! cool.gif

1807_SS_circ.jpg

Hard to believe the stars survived the wear patterns, with only significant wear on 13, 14 & a bit on 15. That is one hadndsome bust there stman, even dog would like that one! Tell him I said hello.

893applaud-thumb.gif

Mind if I throw mine into the mix (or the back of your truck!)? It suffered a little graffiti around the date years ago, and my awful scan does not help show the truly wonderful character of the coin, but it's what I can do... Hoot

1623251-1807O-113CappedBust50cVFdetANACS06-245.JPG

1623251-1807O-113CappedBust50cVFdetANACS06-245.JPG.065e2108718c63985b611dc28bacb98c.JPG

Hoot, thanks for posting your SS. Question..... did you happen to purchase this coin on Teletrade a while back? I ask this because they had one that was labeled Graffiti and it looked like a bit by the date as yours does. Don't recall how much detail it had.

Got bigger pics? takeit.gif

Just this scan. Same coin, but kinda what it looks like with a tilt. Scanned flat on the scanner glass.... Naked, and remains that way. Thanks for the good words folks!

1807_ss_small_circ.jpg

Hey stman. Nice coin. I thought you were pulling back from these 07's and going the gold route???

These circulated early CBH's are so nice with even circulation like this one---nice coin---now get back to the gold... tongue.gif

Hoot, thanks for posting your SS. Question..... did you happen to purchase this coin on Teletrade a while back? I ask this because they had one that was labeled Graffiti and it looked like a bit by the date as yours does. Don't recall how much detail it had.

Yes - that's the critter! laugh.gif

Hoot