• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OK,,,We know that everyone has a Fave coin, Whats your least fave.

25 posts in this topic

First,I love coins...And I don't dislike any coin in reality,But ,That being said,I Find seated coins to be bland.Don't get me wrong I think the reverse has one of the best eagles done.And it's not all seated coinage. I think trade dollars are one of the best of all designs....And I reallylike seated dimes..

It's just dollars and halves...

Ok so whats yours. juggle.gif

3 Cent Nickels and 2 Cent Pieces......they just don't float my boat at all. Some of the patterns of these pieces aren't too bad but the ones released for circulation just don't look very attractive to me.

I just can't get excited about Susan B. Anthony dollars. The reverse shows no creativity as a miniature of the Ike dollar and the obverse has never held much appeal to me. Is it too much to expect that when a coin design changes BOTH sides should change?

Can I just say any and all coins that have been made since 1950 for general circulation? They're just so blech. In particular, I don't like the old dead people on the obverse, but more specifically the Ikes and SBAs. The obverse of Ike is just so ... nothing. The portrait on SBA makes her look like someone's grandma that grandchildren are afraid of and think is a witch, while the reverse, as TJ pointed out, was just a repeat of Ike with no creativity. I'm also pretty ticked at the Mint for the composition of the Sacagawea dollar, which I think is actually a pretty coin (if it showed any relief) but with just a minor amount of handling, it turns so ugly.

Instead of post-1950, why not just say post-1964? Did any series start or end in 1950? I don't think so... I tend not to like clad coinage, except for my Jeffies.