Post your most recent acquisition: World
23 23

1,886 posts in this topic

512 posts
On 2/22/2019 at 12:19 PM, BLive1972 said:

A couple random pickups.  I only have about 15 foreign coins and thought these were nice to add 👍

Pakistan+-+1952+1+Pice.jpg

South+Africa+-+1935+1+Penny.jpg

Love that color on the 1952, I bet if it was rotated that purple color would sparkle a little...in my experience anyway...nice coin!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
512 posts
On 2/21/2019 at 9:13 PM, Yarm said:

Centennial of the House of Brunswick, 1814, by T. Wyon.

94288966_P1010006(11)2-horztitles.thumb.jpg.ab1c001b88b30c99016d4f1d915119fd.jpg

 

 

"To the throne of Great Britain".....so cool and looks outstanding for an 1814....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
729 posts
On 2/24/2019 at 1:22 AM, Numismatic, A.A.S. said:

Love that color on the 1952, I bet if it was rotated that purple color would sparkle a little...in my experience anyway...nice coin!!

Thank you.  Yes,  it's mostly blue and purple head on.  This is a different pic 

20190225_141644-01.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
512 posts
8 hours ago, BLive1972 said:

Thank you.  Yes,  it's mostly blue and purple head on.  This is a different pic 

20190225_141644-01.jpeg

Sweet...I used to own the 2ND finest 1/4 Anna from a African Country....had color like thus one...think it was a 1/4...Anna?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
584 posts

Somewhat unusual for my collection, but it was relatively inexpensive, and I liked the design. The images on the bottom corners are of the original wrapper that came with it. 

1142065118_1855FrenchExpoMedaloveral2.thumb.jpg.4e2bdb46a4c885b941186bfc036ab45c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
512 posts
On 2/28/2019 at 3:18 PM, Yarm said:

BHM 2990 in bronzed lead (69mm, 199gms) . Holborn restaurant, presented by the proprietors to H.D.Harris, Esq, in 1898. 

1733747412_BHM2990Holbornrestaurant.thumb.jpg.26f69803f07f474a80598e05d5d29097.jpg

 

799554849_Holbornrestaurant.thumb.jpg.48cb620e2f70ccfbb814d41c1e31f3f0.jpg

Ah yes, been awhile since I seen this....sweet!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
512 posts
15 hours ago, coinsandmedals said:

The images on the bottom corners are of the original wrapper that came with it. 

Original wrappers are important. Period. The History with that is Special. You should see if NGC's paper document affiliate or any 3rd party paper grader can intomb that for you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,051 posts

A few Prussian 20 Mark Gold coins.  What do you think?

 

g4.JPG

g3.JPG

g2.JPG

g1.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
511 posts
29 minutes ago, TON Collection said:

Thanks I think you might’ve hit it spot on. I got quite a few of them from a collection and have a Couple tricky ones in there That are close PL but Don’t think they are 

 

96704274-28F0-455A-AD1D-98B61BDCEE16.jpeg

Edited by TON Collection
New

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 posts

Just got this today, my first graded world coin (if Canada counts!).  Any love for these beauties around here? The toning on this one and the several others I shopped around for is amazing for the price!

IMG_20190314_203430.jpg

IMG_20190314_203315.jpg

Edited by stooker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
512 posts
On 3/14/2019 at 9:58 PM, stooker said:

Just got this today, my first graded world coin (if Canada counts!).  Any love for these beauties around here? The toning on this one and the several others I shopped around for is amazing for the price!

IMG_20190314_203430.jpg

IMG_20190314_203315.jpg

That looks exactly like one I sold raw a year ago...nice looking coin...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
512 posts
On 3/14/2019 at 2:02 AM, TON Collection said:

Also acquired this 1955 double die. I couldn’t pass it up

EE152E91-D32D-44A9-8DF2-6C24CFC19E12.jpeg

Had one similar for years then sold it, I loved that coin, used it as the "go to example" while researching...cherry picking....a twelve year old bought it for less than I did when I let it go...I figured why not.....peace

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
512 posts

Purchased below spot and at the equivalent of @ 1200.00 per ounce...it's a 69 in a PCGS holder...a little dangerous on a whim....we'll see in hand when it arrives......peace...

Screenshot_20190325-080250.png

Screenshot_20190325-080315.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
341 posts

Here's one I got from a recent Heritage auction.  I had no intention to bid, but happened to log on right as the lot was coming up and realized the color had some potential.  I accidentally bid live (hah!) and somehow it landed in my mailbox.  It's my FOURTH one of this date, but if any coin is my ultimate weakness, it is the Japanese 50 sen double phoenix.  They come in frosty blast white all the way to star-slabbed color.  This one is a mere straight 67, but I do not regret the buy one bit.  My excuse...'I need to learn to photo colors better'.  Favorite coin, awesome tarnishing ;) .   Hopefully the photos are uploading in higher res these days.  Edited to add, nope the resolution is degraded some.  I still don't know why that is--is there a setting on my end or the forum end?  Ah well, the pretty colors are still there.

combo f2f2f2.jpg

Edited by Star City Homer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
224 posts
4 hours ago, Star City Homer said:

Here's one I got from a recent Heritage auction.  I had no intention to bid, but happened to log on right as the lot was coming up and realized the color had some potential.  I accidentally bid live (hah!) and somehow it landed in my mailbox.  It's my FOURTH one of this date, but if any coin is my ultimate weakness, it is the Japanese 50 sen double phoenix.  They come in frosty blast white all the way to star-slabbed color.  This one is a mere straight 67, but I do not regret the buy one bit.  My excuse...'I need to learn to photo colors better'.  Favorite coin, awesome tarnishing ;) .   Hopefully the photos are uploading in higher res these days.  Edited to add, nope the resolution is degraded some.  I still don't know why that is--is there a setting on my end or the forum end?  Ah well, the pretty colors are still there.

combo f2f2f2.jpg

sick coin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
23 23