Post your most recent acquisition: US
21 21

19,896 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Numismatic, A.A.S. said:

Check the mint mark on that one, I think there's a misplaced "D" for that year, I could be wrong....

I seen a little about 1945 DDO and DDR varieties of that year and I believe the 43 has a misplaced MM variety but yeah I looked and the mint mark definitely appears to be lower and almost looks like a D over P as it is filled with a tail but not 100% positive if it is an error or variety! Thank you for bringing that to my attention interesting to say the least, Capone1929

Edited by Capone1929
Type O
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Capone1929 said:

Thank you for bringing that to my attention interesting to say the least, Capone1929

I can't remember exactly and was too lazy to look it up, I love varieties though...when I was younger I put together some VAM's and loved the experience. I sold off almost all of them and kept a couple rarer ones, on other coins it was the San Fran mintmark I built a collection of. I've noticed I'm getting into patterns now a little but I'm not sure...might go back into 1936-1942 proofs?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Numismatic, A.A.S. said:

I can't remember exactly and was too lazy to look it up, I love varieties though...when I was younger I put together some VAM's and loved the experience. I sold off almost all of them and kept a couple rarer ones, on other coins it was the San Fran mintmark I built a collection of. I've noticed I'm getting into patterns now a little but I'm not sure...might go back into 1936-1942 proofs?

Yeah I have noticed in my research over the years and I still have a lot to learn or want to learn, but I have noticed a lot of varieties maybe majority are in proofs and S proofs, not all but a lot were in Uncirculated coins however the buffalo nickel sure has quite a few circulated varieties, and I'm sure in a lot of other coins possibly undiscovered ones as well, however Its a constant learning experience in numismatics all together, but that's what makes the hobby great I think, an awesome find, learning something that expands my knowledge, or helps my collection expand. Does the reverse of that 45 D look a little rotated to you? It looks rotated a little to me, maybe not enough to demand a premium but does it look like it to you as well?

Edited by Capone1929
Type O
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Buffalo Head said:

Here’s a fire Buff.  This one made it through the whole town burning to the ground.

Thanks for looking, Joe

The pictures and stories here and ATS are amazing.

Were there any coins that were not able to be salvaged? I seem to recall you saying that there were a few moderns that did not make it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Just Bob said:

The pictures and stories here and ATS are amazing.

Were there any coins that were not able to be salvaged? I seem to recall you saying that there were a few moderns that did not make it.

Any coin that was in the crappy safe was totally destroyed.

A4A4A41F-E593-42B2-BBA3-722F3B0971D3.jpeg

Edited by Buffalo Head
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The is a reNEWbie for me - Owned one about 15 years ago and had to sell a few for health expenses.

One of my favorite years because of the low production numbers.

I believe the 2 gashes on her cheek killed her from being a 63 - Its a 62 

Enjoy

 

 

1906_1.jpg

1906_2.jpg

Edited by jgrinz
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
21 21