• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,898 posts in this topic

Nice Sam,

That one is on fire!!

Welcome back into the club. :applause:

(thumbs u

Nice Morgans also. :applause:

Edited by rrantique

The 99-O was the one I was after. The other was a nice pick up but I wouldn't have been disappointed had I not got it at the price I was bidding.

Just got my 1911 MPL in hand. I can see why it is designated as BN on the label. I will have to say that the coin, at least the color, looks nothing like the True View in hand. So for those of you who are not fans of the True View, here is another to add to your ammunition.

Here are some quick shots that I took, the color is much closer to my images, I would say exactly but I'm partial, maybe even a little darker.

True View images are first then mine.

14778577_Large.jpg

1911mplsm_zps30c3c7cb.jpg

Robec,

Just last night while searching some coins, I stumbled across a photo thread about this coin and fell in love with it. Very nice pick up!!

Nick

Ah, so you were the one that ran my max price on the dime. Nice pick, I was stuck on a lake with almost no internet access when I was bidding :-)

At least a fellow chat board member got it. I know that may not help much, but it's some consollation.

I was fortunate to be at the computer when time was winding down on it.

Now I have a decision to make. Do I spend some time and try to buff out that scratch on the PCGS holder, or do I send it off to NGC for a fresh slab and a * ?

I was fortunate to be at the computer when time was winding down on it.

Now I have a decision to make. Do I spend some time and try to buff out that scratch on the PCGS holder, or do I send it off to NGC for a fresh slab and a * ?

First of all, I like it a lot and it is very attractive. I wouldn't spend the money to have it crossed. In terms of value, the coin will hold its own regardless of what holder it is in. Also, PCGS slabs are much easier to buff scratches out of than NGC alas, so I would just polish the mark out personally.

It now has a CAC stickerC1558-5_zpsdf3ec0a6.jpg

Interesting application of the star designation. What do you think it was awarded for?

Phenomenal coin, nonetheless, congrats!

eye appeal

It now has a CAC stickerC1558-5_zpsdf3ec0a6.jpg

Interesting application of the star designation. What do you think it was awarded for?

Phenomenal coin, nonetheless, congrats!

eye appeal

Super coin Wheat, congrats. I suspect that it got the * for the glowing luster.

Latest pick up from Kryptonite Comics. It's my birth year so I had to have it ;)

d4c60180-1019-4d3a-81b5-00f1a986bb73.jpg

I think I was the second underbidder. The only reason I didn't go higher is because the reverse was underwhelming - but that obverse is just fantastic.

Some very impressive toners being shown here... Mighty nice !!

Don't know if my latest Nickel's images will come out or not as I am on my IPad

and not able to run images thru Photobucket.

But I spotted this beautiful Nickel on Vic Bozarth's eBay web store and knew I had to own it.

Although I have a set of these V Nickels in AU 58, I am slowly adding MS 64 & 64+'s ...

and I just might make a date set out of the 64's, and leave the D&S alone.

It wasn't so much the date that caught my eye, but the holder. I am not saying that I

bought the coin strictly because of the holder, but it had a few pluses I couldn't leave

alone... 1) It is in the old PCGS - second style holder [ an old rattler inside an outer frame ].

2) It was already CAC'd.

If it were in a newer holder, I would have sent it in for a reconsideration grade as its

clearly an MS 65 all day long.

Here goes nothing ( if it doesn't attach, I'll edit this when I get onto my lap top )

.... Just as I suspected...the file size is too large...

Sorry if these are too large...

1899NickelPCGS64CACOldHolderOBV_zps5b6c489e.jpg]

1899NickelPCGS64CACOldHolderREV_zps1c1b3c9e.jpg

Edited by Elbesaar