How rare is it?HELP

8 posts in this topic

HELP...... I have a PCGS 1888 proof 65 cameo Morgan Dollar,it is a obvious overdate and i know it is a breen-5600,just how rare is this coin.It is a pop 4/0 coin without the double date,anybody out there with a breen encyclopedia that has any info for me please post,Thanks Jay Conner RARECOINCORNER

9,886 posts

HELP...... I have a PCGS 1888 proof 65 cameo Morgan Dollar,it is a obvious overdate and i know it is a breen-5600,just how rare is this coin.It is a pop 4/0 coin without the double date,anybody out there with a breen encyclopedia that has any info for me please post,Thanks Jay Conner RARECOINCORNER

Your coin is very, very rare. Breen says it forms a tiny minority of the proofs.

TRUTH

3,978 posts

Your coin is very, very rare. Breen says it forms a tiny minority of the proofs.

TRUTH

But do we trust what Breen has to say? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

tongue.gif

9,886 posts

TRUTH

tongue.gif

Then why are you asking for Breen information? foreheadslap.gif

TRUTH

1,826 posts

Bowers' Silver Dollar Encyclopedia says: "Walter Breen has seen no more than a half dozen specimens since the discovery coin in the Anderson-Dupont sale in 1954."

Bowers doesn't give an estimate of how many of the 833 proofs minted survive today.

3,978 posts

TRUTH

tongue.gif

Then why are you asking for Breen information? foreheadslap.gif

TRUTH

I didn't? confused-smiley-013.gif