• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is the best hobby "mag"

what is the best hobby "mag"  

351 members have voted

1. 1. what is the best hobby "mag"

14 posts in this topic

hummmm, well, aaa, tough choice for me!

I like coinage, coinworld and the asylum.

mike

dont forget! collect proof sets!!!!!!!!!!!! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

I like Coinage and Coin World most. Went with Coinage because of their consistent high quality and that they always have something of interest. I would miss CW more if they were unavailable. Until recently (last couple years) I'd have picked Numismatic News hands down.

I used to prefer Numismatic News but now prefer Coin World. Actual reporting of news in NN seems very soft at this point. Both publications need to report more "hard" hobby news.

If you have interest in Canadian Coins then try Canadian Coin News it is a great publication. It is published every two weeks, it includes trends on Canadian Coins and Paper Money and it includes articles on all areas of Canadian Collecting. (Coins, Paper Money, Tokens, Chartered Bank Notes) as well as articles on World and Ancient Coin Collecting. Thanx Brian smile.gif

I like Coin-age , Coin World ,and Numismatic News.

I picked up a copy of Coin-age back in 1972 and

have been a subscriber ever since. I even pick up

earlier issues when I can. My how times have changed!!!

I collect early dated European coins (pre-1500).

I have special book case just for the Coin-age

collection.