• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why won't NGC cross over Goodacre Sacs
1 1

9 posts in this topic

• Administrator

Thank you for your question Mark.

There have been numerous requests for NGC to grade and

encapsulate the Glenna Goodacre Sacagawea dollars so we welcome this opportunity to clarify our policy on them.

Although the Mint has said that the coins were “inadvertently” produced for use in “Uncirculated mint state sets” and not for general circulation, as stated previously, NGC does not differentiate between the two processes. Therefore, the only issue becomes the Goodacre pedigree. Since the Mint’s intent for issuing these dollars was solely for payment of services rendered and not as a collectible, NGC will not

designate the pedigree on the holder. All Goodacre coins submitted will be treated like any other Sacagwea dollar and will be graded in accordance with NGC standards.

That sucks. They have a special finish different from the circulation coins. I have a graded pcgs goodacre that I would love to have graded by ngc since my whole ngc registry collection is ngc coins. I decided to keep it all ngc 15 years ago when I started with this registry. Not have an ngc graded goodacre leaves a big hole in my set.

On 8/19/2020 at 7:12 AM, DWLange said:

The problem with 18-year-old posts is that they may be obsolete:

https://www.ngccoin.com/census/united-states/dollars/53/

Didn't find a listing for the goodacre on your link. What's your point?🤔 Looks like things haven't changed 

Edited by Crruisercharlie

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

The link reveals two lines of Goodacre coins. If it isn't working for you, click on the icon that looks like a ladder to open the general population data. That will reveal the breakdown by specialized labels.

Hmmm...we must be looking at different screens even though I followed your link. There is no ladder icon that I can find and no listings for goodacres. I found millennium sets and cheerios and reverse prototypes but no goodacres

48 minutes ago, Crruisercharlie said:

Hmmm...we must be looking at different screens even though I followed your link. There is no ladder icon that I can find and no listings for goodacres. I found millennium sets and cheerios and reverse prototypes but no goodacres

The Goodacres are listed in the PF section.

jkadskjfhiuh.png.d1845d0a1a8bdf604a552a0ebae27162.png

Edited by Fenntucky Mike