• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Morgans graded by Capitol Grading Company wanting a crossover

4 posts in this topic

I have 2 coins I received from my grandfather one is a 1878 7TF PQ graded as MS-66 and the other is a 1887-P Graded as MS-66 DMPL, Both are graded by a company named "Capitol Coin Grading Service" and even though these coins are beautiful and look mirror like to me I would like to get them slabbed by a reputable company like NGC not some fly by night company I have never heard of like this Capitol company. I have read the website about sending coins and from what I read and understand you will not break the coin out of the holder for a crossover unless it grades the same or higher, but what I want is a true grade for these coins and know they deserved it not just a number they slapped on there to make it look good by a no name company no one has heard of. So I guess what I am asking is do you break them out if the person says its ok to do no matter what the grade?

Hi,

We have and do accept crossovers at the same grade or lower, but not for higher grade crossover. As long as the coins are gradeable, that is not improperly cleaned or any other problem, we will cross them if you request them to be crossed at any grade. Be sure to clearly write "cross at any grade" on your invoice.

Thanks,

Thank you for the quick responce, that is exactly what I wanted to know. I see we have a local dealer here in Charlotte, I will call him and make a appt to bring my coins to him and see what he says and get him to send them in for me if he thinks its worth it. Thanks again, Bryan1315

Thanks Brian, and welcome to the message boards. I would recommend you staying around and posting with our regulars on the Numismatic Tangents and U.S. Coin forums, there are alot of knowledgable people there.