• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's worse than a high-ranking registry set with no pics or descriptions?

35 posts in this topic

Correct: The Registry does not allow the same coin via its cert number to appear in the registry sets of one person.

OK,

Let's say you own coin XXX and you have it in your registry set.

Then you sell said coin to me.

I then try to put it in my registry set.... what happens? Do you have to 'release' it before I can put it in my registry set? Seems like that could be a problem.

Yep I do have to release it. I would get bombarded with emails until I confirmed the release. That also prevents pirates from using your cert #'s for their sets.

When you sell the coin it is in good practice to remove the coin from your registry set so as to AVOID all the emails smile.gif from the NGC registry personel.

m

• Administrator

What actually happens is that an email is sent to the original owner allowing htem to confirm, through clicking a web link, that the coin has been sold and it's okay to release it to someone else. If they do that, then the coin is automatically removed from their sets and added to the new owner's sets. If they do not respond, the coin is moved to an admin interface where an NGC employee follows up by attempting to contact the original owner. They will resolve the issue one way or the other.