• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whats best for magnifying and photographing coins?

5 posts in this topic

Ive looked at everything from jewelers loupes to laboratory microscopes and everything in between. Sure my phone will go up to 8x but the pictures leave alot to be desired in the really close up shots.

The digital microscopes look the most promising to me and like everything else in this world you can spend as little or as much as you want on one. They come with or without screens in varying sizes but the most common problem ive seen reported was their lack of room between the scope and whats being viewed.

After reading thru alot of reviews the brand Dino-Lite seems to have some good products ranging from $1000-$100 and they come without a screen which isnt a deal breaker by any means. I would prefer a good scope with no screen than a mediocre scope with a mediocre screen.

So now ive rambled on about a subject I know nothing about. Now how about some of you share what you use for viewing and photographing your coins.

Thanks, Mike