• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

????SE fake toned????

18 posts in this topic

Hi Mike,

You're absolutely correct.  That is artificial toning all day long.  You see a lot of this with ASE's.  People who doctor coins like to abuse ASE's with stuff like this for some reason.

~Tom

Edited by Mohawk

On 9/24/2021 at 4:07 PM, Mikhail2400 said:

Well at the moment the highest bid for that coin is a whopping $0.99. Might be a new record.

And winning it at that price is the only way that coin would be a good buy.

I worked with a guy his father collected a few silver eagles back then they first came out , he was getting them from a dealer that put them in paper envelope , years later when his father died 2014 , he came across them 1986-1993 in a shoe box in a bed room closet, regular strikes each one was rainbow toned they had darkish green ,blue ,purple with little splash of orangish color , few were had rusty yellow golden orangish color .he bought them work to show me pretty cool I suspect only the envelope had to do that kind of toning,  that was only time I’ve seen a truly toned silver eagle in person that I got to handle and look at them … 

Edited by Jason Abshier

On 9/24/2021 at 8:12 PM, Coinbuf said:

Looks fried, but for what it is worth ASE's are pure silver and do tone in different ways than say a Morgan dollar.

Buy it for .99 and if you don't like it DIP It

On 9/24/2021 at 6:07 PM, VKurtB said:

Pure junk science.

Everytime I try to Like your comment I get:  Sorry, there was a problem reacting to this content.    Don't get it with anyone else.  Have you been a bad boy?   :bigsmile:

On 9/25/2021 at 10:03 AM, Alex in PA. said:

Everytime I try to Like your comment I get:  Sorry, there was a problem reacting to this content.    Don't get it with anyone else.  Have you been a bad boy?   :bigsmile:

I get it multiple times a week.

I am also recently getting error notices here as if I were ordering a limited supply issue from the mint. 

On 9/24/2021 at 12:44 PM, Mikhail2400 said:

Saw this one on Ebay and it just looked wrong to me. Theres no way this coin toned like this naturally is there?

SE Toning Front.jpg

SE Toning Back.jpg

If you don’t mind and if it’s still available would you mind PM ing me the link. Unless you’re thinking like me and quietly buy it for a sample. Want to keep it quiet not down for a beating. Anyway thanks James 

Is this an AD from Mike the huckster? hehehe the only way i would touch this one is if they gave it to me and said here take it off my hands!!

It sold at $28.05 and was from someone called estatejewelerycoinsandcollectibles. I was surprised it went more than a few dollars above spot.

If you search toned silver eagles the first page of coins is sad. Theres every color of the rainbow and its just a waste. I would be surprised if more than 2-3 of them on that first page were actually toned naturally.