• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 liberty quarter

24 posts in this topic

On 8/18/2021 at 6:25 PM, James Zyskowski said:

Unless it has personal memories in which case only you can decide  value. I have several coins that are special to me that have little value to others. If not it’s a spender. Thanks 🤓

Very good point, James.  I have some of those myself :) 

JT2. I disremember the 60’s.  67-70 H.S.  Santa Rosa California. Less than an hour from Winterland and the Fillmore in SF. Every weekend for $3 you could see Hendrix orJefferson Airplane orGreatful Dead orLed Zeppelin opening for BB King. Or any of the old school bands. I saw JA the Dead and Mongo Santa Maria New Year’s Eve 68. They played all night and fed 5000 breakfast. Different times. But I digress.  Thanks 🙏 

Edited by James Zyskowski

Edit--- double post.... my computer, or maybe it's me, is doing some crazy things today. I may have had too many tabs open.....

Edited by GBrad
duplicate post from yours truly

On 8/19/2021 at 12:33 AM, GBrad said:

There's not even a recognized doubled die for this year.....sad...very sad....:facepalm: (I love doubled dies)

On 8/19/2021 at 6:36 AM, JT2 said:

ummm the 60's??????  when did that happen?

Uh..... In 1969:)..... I was referring to 'this' year meaning 1969.... not 'those' years meaning the 60's..... but I love your humor JT2!!!!!(thumbsu

On 8/19/2021 at 8:32 AM, James Zyskowski said:

JT2. I disremember the 60’s.  67-70 H.S.  Santa Rosa California. Less than an hour from Winterland and the Fillmore in SF. Every weekend for $3 you could see Hendrix orJefferson Airplane orGreatful Dead orLed Zeppelin opening for BB King. Or any of t

DAD is that you???   hahahahah would have love to seen those concerts....I only got them on my albums then  8 tracks and then cassettes...........but i made up for it in the 80's  hahhahaha

On 8/19/2021 at 3:46 PM, JT2 said:

I only got them on my albums then  8 tracks and then cassettes

Speaking of 8 tracks...... OMGOSH!!! You just brought up some very old memories of my Dad and I driving around in his brand new Ford F-100, yes the full size pickup truck back in the 60's and 70's, listening to this song.  GREAT Times!!!!!

P.S.- Sorry Geno g..... I had no intentions on hijacking your thread (which it appears I have...), my apologies!  The previous comments thus far on this thread just led me to fond memories of me and my late father.  Look forward to hearing back from you regarding your original coin post.(thumbsu

Edited by GBrad

On 6/13/2022 at 1:37 PM, Rachealdavidson said:

I'd like to get it, aren't you selling it?

You are looking to buy a worn 1969 quarter that was posted on the forum almost a year ago?  Can I ask why?  You can find an uncirculated example on eBay on any given day (for a very reasonable price).  

If you wanted a circulated example - check your coin jug.  You probably have one.

On 6/14/2022 at 5:03 PM, Jackson LeCount said:

Strange thing. I've never even seen a 1969 quarter.

Really?  You would not get one in change every time you go to the store, but its pretty easy to find any business strike quarter post 1964 (with the exception of W quarters) in a box of quarters from the bank.  If you wanted a complete set of 1965-date quarters... you would have to go through multiple boxes to get all the dates and mints, but it's very doable.  You could build a circulated set for face with a little effort.

If you wanted an uncirculated example, you can pick-up one from eBay for $5 shipped.  If you wanted a graded example, you could pick-up one in MS65 for $20-30 (possibly less if you shop around).

Because these coins are so affordable in mint state, they are not very collectible in circulated condition.

Edited by The Neophyte Numismatist

In uncirculated condition, but without the fancy and expensive label, the might cost you 40-cents.

On 6/15/2022 at 1:29 PM, DWLange said:

I was collecting all USA coins from circulation in 1969, and the 1969(P) quarter was tough to find even then. Of course, I lived just outside San Francisco, so it took awhile for Philly coins to work their way west.

I wrote about this coin and several other elusive modern issues in one of my columns:

https://www.ngccoin.com/news/article/8704/USA-Coin-Album/

Great write up Mr Lange. That taught me a few things about modern clad I did not know. Id like to find a 1982 quarter in mint state. Thats my birth year. Didnt know they were that hard to come by in MS. 

I like the article, but a 1969 quarter in the condition above is worth $0.25.  It will never be worth more.  These coins did come in mint sets, and the P/D mint set can be had for <$10 (and get the other coins to boot).  This is not the case with 1982-83 P/D quarters.  Comparing 1969 to 1982 is really not apples-to-apples.

As you stated, having trouble finding a particular P/D mint for a 1969 quarter from change has more to do with where you live.  The issues are with coin distribution, not coin scarcity.  176M+ 1969-P Quarters were minted (and 114M+ minted in Denver).  Common as dirt. 

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

The point I was making is that particular issue stood out as scarce in circulation, while other P-Mint quarters of the period were found easily.

On 6/15/2022 at 12:29 PM, DWLange said:

I was collecting all USA coins from circulation in 1969, and the 1969(P) quarter was tough to find even then. Of course, I lived just outside San Francisco, so it took awhile for Philly coins to work their way west.

I wrote about this coin and several other elusive modern issues in one of my columns:

https://www.ngccoin.com/news/article/8704/USA-Coin-Album/

Yeahhhh, living only two hours from the Philly mint’s doors made my experience far different.