• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Edit Screen of Coin Info

7 posts in this topic

I would like to really be detailed in describing my coins. I'm starting now to fill it in. Can I get some help in filling in these fields please.

Graded by: I know this on haha

Certifacation Number: I think it's the NGC/PCGS #

Coin Type: ?

Item Name: got this one

DISCRIPTION

Origin/Country: got this one

Region: ?

Period/Circa: ?

Design Description: ?

Item Discription: ?

Composition: thats the metal content

Variety: ?

Catalog Number: ?

Thank you so much for your assistance

Got any pictures of the coin ? Sounds like a world coin … Catalog number can be found in Krause world coin catalog or on NGC site if you know the KM# it will tell you the type of metal and years the series was made and maybe or maybe not the mintage also 

@Murphbuzzy after I came back and re-read it over again I apologize for thinking you were talking about a coin and forgot to show picture … My bad ..

however the way you want to keep inventory of your coins I think you pretty much got it nailed down seems well organized  … one thing I like to do is I keep an inventory sheet of all coins I have in my collection “graded” and “raw” I keep track when I bought them with date and year and how much I paid at the time , also I keep another log inventory sheet for any coins that I’ve sold or traded with price sold and date as well … I’m also in process taking pictures of each of my coins keeping them on file on my laptop, in case anything ever happens but I need a much better camera as well … IPhone and lower end Nikon camera do okay for now I know I can do much better with proper camera and a setup 

Edited by Jason Abshier

Thank you for responding. I was figuring that you got a little confused, no worries. I do all that, 95% of my coins are NGC certified. I have all photos of my coins, all are on a spreadsheet in order by category and dates and from where if not from mint.

I was just wanted to fill out the form on NGC (this area) a little better of information of the coin. The ones with ?’s are the ones I wanted to to fill out if I really needed to. But not really a big deal, but I have to to really do it haha. I do have a website of my collection if interested www.agmcollection.info . 

Thanks

Al 

@MurphbuzzyIve gotten rid of 1/2 of my US coins I’ve collected over 35+ years . I went to world coins about 8 years back haven’t looked back mostly collect German coins right now I’m working on old Germany “Baden” the German states. However I checked out your website looks good keep up the good work …I noticed on your website you collect commemorative silver dollars.  I have a NGC graded series silver dollar commemorative coins as well , but I haven’t went back to working on it but I collected most from 1983-2012 ( Regular strikes and proof strike) all NGC 69 grades . Someday I’ll go back and start back on it to complete the series all way up to 2020 ? I think that like 175 coins total 

I mostly mark down like this for graded coins . For raw coins I do the same just no cert# I’ll also keep inventory number as well (1-999) keep it simple when I take picture for my personal records I put a number next to the coin when I take a picture . Some coins I keep in home in my vault and some of my better coins I keep in the bank deposit box . I also just started collecting world bronze , silver , copper medals (Exonumia)  I haven’t gotten around to making a log sheet for them yet or taken any pictures yet 

inventory #

Cert #: 

year & mint mark:

Type of coin: (commemorative, pattern strike)

country / state / region: 

denomination:

metal type:

KM# /Pn# (world coins):

price paid / date I bought it :

Edited by Jason Abshier

I’ve been collecting for about 25+ yrs. I just got the 2 today that was released, Morgan’s whoo hoo! Then the other 2 on the 10th. So excited, not at the cost but o’well. Now I need to go back to work haha. Thanks again can always contact me through my email:  agmaynard@gmail.com