• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 s ddo
1 1

9 posts in this topic

It’s certainly not the sought after DDO for this one. It doesn’t look like the minor DDO either, but I can’t say for sure from the pictures because it is very minor. 

In the future please show a full picture of each side of the coin closely cropped. It’s hard to tell many times from just segments. 

Edited by Woods020

Well it's not the major variety and NGC does not currently recognize the minor DDO. The major variety is the one you want. Good luck.(thumbsu

You can check here for NGC recognized varieties and use the pictures for comparison. United States Categories | VarietyPlus® | NGC (ngccoin.com)

You can look here for minor varieties, ditto with the pics. Variety Vista Home

Note to the OP:

In the absence of the courtly member "Just Bob" who greets visitors, Welcome back to the Forum!

Two points...  1.  There is more than clear and convincing evidence that websites like Mercari and Etsy are platforms to avoid insofar as coins and currency are concerned. I avoid them both. Being forewarned is being forearmed. Be wary.

2.  Member Oldhoopster was kind enough to supply you with an extraordinary composite shot of the phenomenon you were referring to which strongly suggests, nay, rules out the DDO you were hoping for.

Learning is a continuous, never-ending life-long experience.  Don't be discouraged.  Stay on the roller coaster and bear in mind not a collector in the world hasn't experienced "the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat." We all wish you better luck next time!

1969-s double die you’ll know it when you see it you can’t miss it “in god we trust” major doubling and in Liberty as well … I’ve only examined one at coin show few years back never found any in my penny searches